McDonalds is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonalds, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements – check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you dont meet every single requirement!
The Restaurant Development Legal team at McDonalds is a dynamic, experienced group of real estate legal professionals who serve as McDonalds internal subject matter experts on the development of new restaurants in the U.S. The teams primary objective is to support the growth of McDonalds real estate portfolio by providing legal support to U.S. Restaurant Development, the various Field Office Development Teams, and the National Real Estate Team in acquiring new real estate in order to construct and open new McDonald’s restaurants. The construction and opening of new restaurants allows McDonalds to better serve its communities and generates new rental revenue and shareholder value. The team handles the negotiation and drafting of ground leases and real estate purchase contracts, as well as work with the U.S. business to facilitate the opening of new McDonalds restaurants. In addition, the team provides legal advice and support to U.S. Restaurant Development and the Field Office Development Teams in connection with the modernization of the entire U.S. portfolio.
- Handle a diverse portfolio of leasing and acquisition matters;
- Draft, negotiate and analyze ground leases, real estate purchase contracts, title and survey along with other ancillary legal documents;
- Provide advice and counsel to business partners on complex ground lease and real estate purchase transactions in a fast-paced environment;
- Actively engage in every aspect of the real estate development process, including assessing risk, creating development strategy and partnering with business clients;
- Provide expert advice and counsel to Legal Department colleagues and business partners to reduce legal risk in business matters, avoid litigation, and protect the Brand; and
- Provide advice and counsel in connection with the rollout of new policies, initiatives, equipment, products, and technologies.
- You are licensed to practice law and in good standing with a state bar association.
- You should have 3+ years of commercial real estate experience in commercial retail leasing and acquisitions from a law firm or in-house real estate position.
McDonalds is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact recruiting.supportteamus.mcd.com
McDonalds provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.