Cushman & Wakefield
Job Description Summary
Wakefield’s Global Brokerage & Capital Markets businesses. Leveraging an ability and willingness to work under time-sensitive deadlines and be productive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities, the Corporate Counsel will proactively support C&W’s varied client base, and foster C&W Legals collaborative culture. This position reports to the Assistant General CounselBrokerage & Capital Markets. The successful candidate will be a strategic thought leader who can manage the technical legal advice required to efficiently and effectively support the business across the globe as well as serve as a counselor and partner to key business stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to manage third party advisers and work collaboratively in teams acting across geographies and skill lines is critical.
Essential Job Duties
- Analyze, draft, negotiate, finalize, and oversee the approval process for all commercial agreements and request for proposal responses for the Brokerage & Capital Markets businesses in the Americas, which includes the following service lines: Brokerage (Tenant Representation, Agency Leasing, Capital Markets), Valuation & Advisory, Consulting and Incentives.
- Consistently analyze and mitigate contractual risk in brokerage agreements, consulting contracts and other legal instruments, while increasing efficiency and consistency in contracting.
- Advice and counsel internal clients with respect to the legal policies and the legal implications of proposed transactions; maintain open communication and good working relationships with both internal clients and clients of the Company.
- Oversee commercial litigation matters for the Brokerage & Capital Markets businesses, in coordination with outside counsel.
- Collaborate to share best practices, implement risk management strategies, craft negotiation strategy and follow corporate directives, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work under time-sensitive deadlines, increase efficiencies for handling a significant volume of contracts, and be productive in fast-paced environments with multiple competing priorities.
- Research, analyze and keep current on legal issues and laws, legislation, regulations and court decisions affecting the real estate industry and real estate service providers.
- Create training and development opportunities for internal clients and the Legal Group.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Graduate degree required
- Bar Admission in good standing required
- Requires 3-5 years of experience
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations, a diverse and high-volume workload and provide client service in a calm and professional manner.
- Experience in real estate, brokerage, consulting and commercial contracting is preferred.
- Demonstrated Customer/Client Focus
- Exceptional organizational, writing and communication skills
- Strategic Problem Solver
- Ability to be productive in stressful, time-sensitive situations and fast-paced environments
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative & Creative
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.