This is an opportunity for a highly-qualified and motivated health care lawyer to advise the companys growing federal regulatory area, which includes Medicare. This position will be part of the Legal Divisions Federal Regulatory and Government Programs team and will provide counsel and direction to the company on specialized regulatory legal advice and complex issues regarding the legal implications of ongoing and proposed federal regulations, operations and actions related to business matters.
As an Associate General Counsel, you will partner to successfully develop and drive strategic initiatives, while also advising on, and coordinating legal support for complex regulatory, business, and operational matters.
* Juris Doctor degree.
* License to practice law in the state where the legal department is located
* 8 years experience providing legal, regulatory and related business guidance on health care regulatory matters or demonstrated understanding or experience with the Affordable Care Act, Medicare, ERISA, or other Federal laws affective health insurance and health plans.
* Proven ability to successfully advise business teams on complex legal, regulatory and business matters.
* Experience successfully engaging with state or federal regulators on health care/managed care matters.
* Expertise in health care (payor and provider) business operations.
* Expertise in the health care (payor and provider) regulatory environment.
* Exceptional communication skills, leadership skills, emotional intelligence and work ethic.
* The desire and ability to lead, develop and thrive (and help others do the same) in a growth-based culture.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* 3-5 years recent experience in health care law and/or insurance law.
* In-house counsel experience providing strategic and day-to-day counsel to business units.
* 3-5 years recent experience in Medicare or Medicare Advantage.
* Experience with the state or federal regulators.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.