Seagate is seeking a Senior Corp Counsel Congtracts II to join its Legal Department as a member of the Commercial Contracts Group. This role will focus on online sales and as-a-service type offerings. This full-time position may be filled remotely, but there is a strong preference for candidates able to work from one of Seagates offices in Normandale MN, Longmont CO, or Fremont CA. The person who takes on this role will have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging, and often cutting-edge legal issues that require creative and proactive legal advice and client service. You will be part of a collaborative group that works across all functions and levels in the company. The successful candidate will report to a Deputy General Counsel in the Commercial Contracts Group.
About the role – you will:
- Online Sales and as-a-service legal support: Play a key role in supporting Seagates as-a-service offerings including drafting and updating online terms and conditions, negotiating with key business partners, and maintaining a strong awareness of the laws and regulations regarding online sales and as-a-service offerings, such as hardware-as-a-service and storage-as-a-service.
- General Commercial Contracts: Support business leaders in the structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of general commercial contracts supporting sales and procurement activities.
- Compliance and Regulatory Matters: Conduct legal reviews and advise business groups regarding compliance with compliance and regulatory matters, such as antitrust and competition laws, anticorruption, international trade and export restrictions, data privacy, and related matters.
- Legal Advice and Risk Mitigation: Analyze proposed business transactions for compliance with applicable law and Seagates own internal policies and strategy. Provide legal and strategic business advice to mitigate or manage risk. Foster relationships with key stakeholders, notably with Seagates marking and consumer products teams. Advise management and business groups on all aspects of commercial contracts and handle pre-litigation disputes and inquiries.
- Contract Management: Become a subject matter expert in Seagates contract management programs and drive efficiencies in the contracting process. Implement and update standard contract terms and templates
- Integrity – We are thoughtful guardians of value who are equally committed to people, our planet, and profit.
- Innovation – Our customers benefit from the most advanced technologies, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- Inclusion – We are a supportive and inclusive global team built on respect, safety, and shared success.
- Organized and hard-working, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Capacity to work independently, as well as part of a team, with exceptional interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and sound judgment
Your experience includes:
- SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise software, data privacy
- Transactional experience at a law firm or comparable in-house corporate legal environment or comparable experience
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, write clearly and concisely, and manage people and tasks to deadline
- JD degree from an accredited law school and a membership in at least one state bar
Normandale, MN, Longmont, CO, Fremont, CA and will consider Remote
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site caf, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Womens Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art clean room and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community
Location: Normandale, United States, Fremont, USA, Research Center, Longmont, United States, Remote United States Bay Area, Remote United States
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.