Advance Auto Parts
Attorney with a minimum of (3) years of experience to assist Senior Real Estate Counsel in commercial real estate matters. Experience in commercial real estate law is required. Retail real estate experience is preferred. Some commercial litigation experience helpful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepare, review and comment upon real estate documents for legal sufficiency, internal compliance and industry best practices. Such documents include leases, purchase and sale agreements, SNDAs, closing documents, easements, declarations, subleases, assignments, indemnification agreements, settlement agreements and termination agreements.
- Negotiate purchase agreements, leases and other agreements with third parties.
- Resolve landlord/tenant disputes.
- Supervise and strategize with outside counsel with respect to real estate closings, landlord/tenant disputes and real estate litigation matters.
- Review title commitments and surveys and resolve title problems.
- Track and manage legal matters and their related expenses.
- Recognize trends and problem areas; recommend courses of action to promote efficiency and cost-effective measures.
- Support other areas within the legal group.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal and business documents.
- Ability to respond discretely and effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial and/or complex topics to all levels of management, as well as Board of Directors and outside third parties.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and develop solutions for parties to reach a compromise.
- High level of reasoning ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Law degree (J.D.) and three years experience practicing law. Experience and reasonable proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex legal and business documents. Ability to respond timely, discretely and effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to senior management.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.