Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isnt just about developing cool things. Thats why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Law Department at Honeywell is seeking an experienced Government Contracts Lawyer to be based in Charlotte, NC.
Solve client problems by offering advice on the law and a wide range of associated issues. Your practice area will be focused on government contract and cybersecurity compliance. You will serve the interests of the corporation and may be called upon to provide advice in the area of government and cybersecurity compliance to all five uniquely diverse businesses across Honeywell that are engaged in various government contracting types. You will receive requests for legal advice from business leaders and other functions and be responsible for deciding on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests.
- Interpret laws and regulations
- Analyze legal documents
- Perform due diligence
- Mitigate potential legal and compliance issues
- Support business legal matters
- Create and maintain self-service tools, templates, process and procedure to streamline sales and supply chain government contracting
- Analyze, interpret and communicate impact of new and/or changing government laws and regulations (e.g. FAR/DFARS), including related to cybersecurity
- Perform due diligence and assist in scoping and implementing compliance plans corporate-wide based on applicable impact
- Mitigate potential legal issues related to government contracting, procurement and cybersecurity; act as escalation point for questions related to key government compliance risk areas (e.g. BAA, DPAS, SCA, FCA, etc.)
- Consult business partners on government contract terms, conditions, certifications and other compliance obligations
- Assist with investigations related to government disclosure obligations
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- 1-3 years experience with contracts
- Some experience in law, government or regulatory focus preferred
- Ability to set priorities
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- An inclusive working environment
- Strong business acumen
- JOB ID: req270245
- Category: Legal
- Location: 150 N College St,Charlotte,North Carolina,28202,United States
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.