The incumbent will serve as a Cloud-based Systems / Security Engineer under the Office of the Technical Director, the Platform as a Service PMO or Biometrics and Identity PMO, supporting one of DCSA's mission Program Management Offices.
Learn more about this agency
As a IT SPECIALIST (ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE/INFOSEC) you will be responsible for the following duties as well as will focus on one of the following sub-specialty areas:
- Automation and Digitization; architecting/programming solutions leveraging desktop scripting, web or cloud environments (.net, Java, etc), and the use of RPA based tools
- Cyber Services: architecting secure cyber constructs and ensuring the agile development efforts by the program offices supporting various missions are in alignment with those architectures throughout the sprints and as the code moves through the DevSecOps pipeline
- Cloud Services and Data Management: Modernizing current legacy architectures, designing, deploying applications and data interfaces to the DCSA Cloud
- Biometrics and Identity Management: Modernizing identity concepts and architectures, designing, deploying applications and data interfaces to leverage the DCSA Cloud.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US citizen
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service. For more information http: www.sss.gov
- Resume and supporting documents received by 11:59PM EST will be considered
- This is a Drug Testing designated position
- Position is a (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under U.S.C. 1601
- Work Schedule: Full Time
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- PCS (Permanent Change of Station): May be authorized.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
- Applicants must possess a Computing Environment (CE) training certification at the IAM Level II.
- Must obtain all required IAM Level II certifications within six months of selection.
- The incumbent must sign a Statement of Understanding regarding the certification requirement and maintaining the appropriate certification is a condition of employment.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel Management's (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements. See: i.e. for professional positions or positions with a basic education requirement: Information Technology (IT) Management Series 2210 (Alternative A) (opm.gov) for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by 04/12/2021
Individual Occupational Requirements: For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail.
Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who useor receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Experience must be IT related ; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience required for this position is: Government-use cloud security architectures (e.g.: AWS, Azure, and/or C2S, etc.), Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Agile software development methodologies.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies and must have skills to enter this position:
1. Cybersecurity – Protect and defend information and information systems in order to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability. (AKA Information Assurance).
2. Information Resource Management (IRM) – Develop or implement strategy and plans for utilization, tracking and management of information resources (such as personnel, equipment, funds, and Information Technology) in order to enable organizational and enterprise missions.
3. Information Technology Test and Evaluation – Test, monitor and evaluate Information Technology technologies during design, development, procurement and/or implementation to ensure internal and external requirements are met.
4. Information Technology Configuration Management – Plan, implement, track and/or evaluate configuration/requirement changes across the enterprise and organizations.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
DCSA, as a newly designated Defense Agency is undergoing a multi-year transformation that includes a significant expansion of predecessor agencies' authorities and responsibilities. Mission accretion and associated growth in personnel and resources requires deliberate coordination and planning across operations and support activities to achieve effective outcomes while simultaneously establishing and integrating new activities, initiatives and projects. The new organization will be comprised of nearly 13,000 government and contractor personnel operation throughout the United States and overseas supporting stakeholders across the federal government.
VETERANS PREFERENCE/CURRENT OR FORMER FEDERAL
In accordance with DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, veterans preference is not required to be applied when considering candidates with prior Federal competitive or excepted service who have completed a probationary or trial period and have not been separated for cause. Therefore, veterans preference will not be applied to applicants with current federal service, or former federal civilian service meeting the above criteria.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at: http: www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year trial period.
If selected, Federal employees currently serving in the competitive service must acknowledge that they will voluntarily leave the competitive service by accepting an offer of employment for a DCIPS excepted service positions.
If selected, non-DCIPS candidates must acknowledge in writing that the position they have been selected for is in the excepted service and covered by DCIPS.
Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive); or similar Notification of Personnel Action documentation, i.e., Transcript of Service, Form 1150, etc.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Special-Sensitive (SS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc.).
Your complete application includes your COMPLETE resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
The following documents are REQUIRED
1. Your resume:
- If area of consideration is limited to the local commuting area, you must reside OR be currently employed within 50 miles of the advertised position's location(s). Please ensure your resume reflects your current home address and/or employer's address as this will be used to determine the area of consideration eligibility requirement when an SF50 is not applicable
- Narrative responses in the assessment questionnaire do not replace content in your resume or vise a versa. Experience must be described in both places for qualification determinations.
Your resume may be submitted in any format. It must include your name and contact information and support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain the dates of employment (i.e., Month/Year to present).
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Veteran's Documents
- If applying for Veteran's preference, please provide a copy of your DD214 showing character of service, SF-15 Form and VA letter showing final percentage, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty.
- If applicable, all current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive); or similar Notification of Personnel Action documentation, i.e., Transcript of Service, Form 1150, etc. Failure to provide latest SF50 will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
PLEASE REVIEW THE BELOW LINK FOR OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS needed for proof of eligibility:
If selected, additional documentation may be required prior to appointment.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.