Kinsale is an Excess & Surplus lines insurer specializing in hard-to-place, small to medium sized commercial accounts. Kinsale is eligible in all states and writes a variety of Property, Casualty and Specialty lines through thirteen underwriting divisions. Given the experience of our staff and our control over the underwriting and claims processes, Kinsale offers unmatched underwriting flexibility to brokers placing difficult E&S accounts. Kinsale will consider offering terms on a wide range of risks including accounts with new or high hazard operations and businesses that have a poor loss history or that are located in high risk venues.
The Attorney will be responsible for reviewing, developing, and drafting new or revised multi-state insurance policy forms that are market competitive, convey underwriting intent, and contain clear and enforceable language for the resolution of claims. Researches competitor and bureau forms and form changes to assist in determining impact on existing policies and make recommendations for new and revised forms.
- Participates in and attends meetings with Underwriting, Product Development, Compliance, and various other teams as needed.
- Prepares and assists with training Claims Department on new products and coverage forms.
- Works with Claims management and Claims Counsel on identifying litigation and form application trends and addressing impact on existing forms and products.
- Participates in educational opportunities to improve product knowledge.
- Experience in commercial property and casualty insurance industry, preferably in the excess and surplus market.
- Superior writing demonstrated by the ability to conceptualize and draft insurance forms and endorsements.
- Ability to analyze and interpret state laws, regulations, and case law.
- Detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
Education and Certifications:
- Four-year college degree.
- J.D. Degree.
- Admission to practice law in at least one state preferred.
At Kinsale we offer the following great benefits:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health, Dental and Vision Insurance plans with HSA funds contributed
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education dollars for training and certifications
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.