Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding career opportunity to work with a leading provider of laser vision correction in the United States? Would you like the opportunity to earn a lucrative monthly bonus in addition to a great benefits package? Would you like to work for a second generation, family owned business that helps people see? Would you like to help donate money and glasses to underprivileged people in our country and beyond? Join US at LasikPlus! The In House Counsel provides senior leadership with advice on company legal affairs, leads the legal and risk management functions, and obtains and oversees the work of outside counsel. Essential Job Functions:
- Provide oversight and guidance to projects of high importance.
- Design processes and improve efficiencies to ensure efficient operations across services.
- Assists with reviewing agreements and providing advice in a manner that enables business objectives to be achieved, while at the same time ensures the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Drafts a variety of complex agreements, including vendor agreements, surgeon agreements, PC management agreements, and real estate leases.
- Selects and supervises outside counsel in defending medical malpractice and other claims made against the company and manages outside counsel for corporate, real estate, employment and other matters.
- Serves as internal legal advisor on health care, marketing and employment matters and on all major business transactions.
- Structures and manages the company’s risk management function to both minimize risks and efficiently handle risks that arise.
- Primary patient care advocate for compliance and risk concerns.
- Effectively case manage escalated liability situations under defined levels of authority.
- Supervises companys record retention, including medical records.
- Responsible for ensuring that corporate entities comply with periodic filing requirements under state corporation laws.
- Is officer of companys Captive Insurance Company and provides advice on insurance coverages.
- Participates in developing and implementing company strategies.
- Keeps abreast of legislative and regulatory changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
Skills for Success
- You are a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently, juggle competing priorities and anticipate the needs of a busy executive, who is always on the move.
- You are able to approach challenges and obstacles with a can do perspective.
- Have excellent communication skills and can work with cross-functional executive teams.
- You understand and know how to use new technologies and can quickly adapt to changes in systems, tools and processes.
- Believe no task is too big or too small.
- You can develop professional relationships with people over email or the phone.
- Have supported strategic, technology, or operational improvements to an organization.
- Prior track record of successful case management.
- Must have a law degree and be a member of the Bar Association.
- 5+ years in a law firm or in-house legal environment involving operations management, pricing, billing, scoping, and managing significant legal services.
- Experience managing support staff.
Join LasikPlus and help us transform the lives of our patients. Apply now! This job description is merely a summary and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the applicant. Requirements represent minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. This document does not create an employment relationship or employment contract, whether express or implied. LasikPlus is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.lasikplus.com or see our great reviews on Glassdoor.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.