Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings sustainable and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isnt just about developing cool things. Thats why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is currently recruiting for an Assistant General Counsel IP to join the team in Broomfield, Colorado. Support the Honeywell Quantum Solutions business by managing outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of domestic and international patent applications. You will negotiate IP-related provisions in sales and supply agreements, draft licensing, technology, joint-development and non-disclosure agreements; drive freedom to practice program for product development; evaluate and resolve product clearance issues and develop and investigate IP enforcement opportunities. You will support other attorneys in developing IP defense strategies and in response to and resolving IP defensive matters, educate management and technical staff regarding IP protection and support M&A due diligence activities. You will also be asked to implement and drive IP strategy for the business.
- Managing the patent portfolio and advising the business on any IP matters
- Develop IP enforcement and IP defensive strategies
- Work with our scientific teams to identify core concepts in their work
- Drive and run a patent review committee and a freedom to practice committee
- Manage outside counsel
- M&A due diligence
- Patent landscape work including monitoring competitors and trends in the quantum space
- IP-related licensing
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics (Preferred), Electrical Engineering (Preferred), or Computer Science
- JD degree, with active membership in at least one state bar is required
- Admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- 5-10 years relevant intellectual property and legal experience
- Applicants for employment for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Honeywell. (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)
- Experience with patents, trademarks, copyrights and open source
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking; keen interest in learning new technologies
- Broad experience working with patent, IT, commercial, software and technology licensing contracts
- Ability to work independently and directly with Senior Business and Executive Leadership on IP matters
- Ability to focus on diverse Intellectual Property projects with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong communications skills and executive presence
- Deliver on complex issues without guidance or supervision
- Experience in handing intellectual property transactions and IP litigation
- Understanding on deliverables and timeframes
- Consistently make complex, timely decisions
- Proven ability to solve problems with variety of variables
- Intellectual capacity and high standards of excellence
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range: $186,000-232,000
For benefits information please visit https: careers.honeywell.com/us/en/honeywell-benefits. Current employees may visit HR Direct.
- JOB ID: HRD116284
- Category: Legal
- Location: 303 S. Technology Ct.,Broomfield,Colorado,80021,United States
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.