Primary Role / Job purpose
The Deputy General Counsel position will be a critical member of the Legal Department. The incumbent will be responsible for providing legal and strategic advice to the Company on a wide variety of corporate and transactional matters, including contracts, federal and state regulatory requirements, litigation, intellectual property, product liability, securities, mergers and acquisitions, advertising and promotion, health and safety and employment law. This hands on position will work independently and in conjunction with the Legal team to provide legal counsel and support to senior management and colleagues throughout the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Draft, review, analyze, structure and negotiate a broad range of agreements including those involving consultants, vendors, confidentiality, clinical trial, manufacturing, support services, software licensing, research, and other corporate agreements for domestic and international operations.
- Provide counsel regarding a variety of transactions within assigned business areas.
- Work with business counterparts, both domestically and internationally, to identify and provide advice regarding legal risks and issues.
- Support the entire legal and compliance department as necessary and contribute to the overall Legal/Compliance function.
- Assist in M&A, licensing and other corporate development activities.
- Participate as a member of the cross-functional team to prepare corporate filings.
- Interact with and support the Board of Directors as needed.
- Develop/disseminate legal forms, policies, and processes to scale with the organization.
- Develop a thorough understanding of and familiarity with the Companys business, its people, products, technology, markets, facilities, customers and competitors in order to assist the company in meeting overall business objectives.
- Provide training and make presentations to company personnel regarding legal issues, company policies and practices.
- Research and ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including HIPAA and privacy/data security.
- Supervise manage outside counsel as necessary. Mentor and support other team members within the legal department.
- A record of outstanding academic achievement at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited and challenging academic program.
- Admission to practice law in at least one state strong preference for PA licensure.
- Minimum of 10 years of legal experience involving the life sciences industry, including a minimum of 5 years in-house experience in a publicly-traded pharmaceutical/life sciences company legal department.
- Pragmatic judgment, particularly in determining the significance of legal matters and effectively measuring and balancing legal and business risks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Effective organizational skills in order to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Strong, hands-on work ethic with willingness to assume heavy workload to meet timing and project needs.
- Promotional review experience not required, but a strong plus.
- Demonstrated adaptability with small company lean-resourced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to synthesize complex legal issues to essential elements for clients throughout the organization with different abilities and responsibilities.
- Strong emphasis on partnering with internal stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including optimism, diplomacy and flexibility, and the ability to interface effectively with management and colleagues at many different levels throughout the Company and with customers and other business partners.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. OptiNose US, Inc. takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Optinose US, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
To protect the interests of all parties, OptiNose Us, Inc. will not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs and/or resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no valid fully executed search agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, resumes will only be accepted if a specific job order has been placed. Please refrain from phone calls or emails.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.