Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and were looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Phillipines. In an industry that is reshaping the worlds energy future, theres no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SunPower is looking for an attorney for a dynamic, dedicated and collaborative team working in one of the economys most important growth industries. Part of a problem-solving team working to build the renewable energy structure of the future with forward-looking energy solutions. Legal team members solve multi-jurisdiction, multi-functional, complex problems that require the willingness to create new solutions for a leading solar development company offering a broad array of energy solutions for both residential and commercial customers. In-house corporate counsel responsible for advising and supporting legal matters for SunPowers residential and light commercial distributed generation business. Will provide and be responsible a variety of legal services, with primary responsibility for end-user agreements related to solar, storage and energy services offerings, including home improvement contracts, leases, and EPC agreements, as well as dealer agreements, installer agreements, construction agreements and operations and maintenance (O&M) agreements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates broad functional expertise related to construction, solar photovoltaic or similar transactions. Applies expertise to influence function-related company decisions and strategies. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well and in collaboration with colleagues within the legal department and cross-functionally. Must be able to balance competing priorities and exercise solid business judgment. Excellent communication skills and an ability to interface real-time with colleagues across functions and around the country, cooperatively and efficiently, will be key to success. In-house or other business experience preferred but not required.
Specific duties will include:
- Draft and review consumer-facing agreements related to SunPower residential solar business, including home improvement contracts, warranties, leases, and other financial product offerings for both and advise the business on related legal, regulatory and commercial risks.
- Draft, review and negotiate dealer agreements, subcontracts, operation and O&M agreements and other company contracts and advise the business on related legal, regulatory and commercial risks.
- Draft, review and negotiate EPC, design and engineering, and other subcontract agreements related to SunPowers light commercial business.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop and implement improvements to contracting processes and tools, including a suite of regularly updated template documents.
- Provide day-to-day legal support in the development of origination, servicing, and default policies and procedures and loss mitigation.
- Supervise other legal matters associated with rooftop residential solar installations.
- Coordinate and oversee work performed by outside counsel, contract attorneys and support staff on a cost-effective basis.
- Bachelors degree, JD,
- 3-7 years of related experience.
- Experience working in a construction or renewable energy company, or with renewable energy or construction clients, including addressing common legal issues that arise with customers and subcontractors
- Experience in the legal fields of consumer products, consumer finance, consumer leasing, consumer protection, sales operations.
- Experience in the legal fields of construction, including construction-related claims, energy, including renewable energy.
- Capable of identifying and resolving legal and business issues, appropriately balancing legal issues with business risk in support of SunPowers business.
- Must be able to coordinate and communicate complex legal issues to multiple groups and business units within and outside SunPower.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individuals qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Companys policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: jobssunpower.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Companys obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.