Title: Associate General Counsel – Sports
Location: Roc Nation NYC Office (In-Person)
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the worlds preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainmentwith recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the worlds most recognizable names: from Rihanna, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Kyrie Irving, Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. Weve forged strong partnerships with the worlds leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Who are you?
Motivated, driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Roc Nation, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Roc Nation, a Live Nation joint venture, is seeking an Associate general counsel- sports, who will report to the CEO. The position is based in our New York City headquarters and will play a critical role in the future growth and success of the most influential sports and entertainment agency in the world Roc Nation. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, highly motivated individual who functions with confidence and expertise in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment.
- Structure, draft and negotiate various sports and player related agreements.
- Coordinate with outside counsel as needed.
- Coordinate with other areas of internal legal counsel.
- Develop and maintain a repository of legal resources that are required for company business needs.
- Organizing and maintaining a record-keeping system of the companys sports division legal and transactional documents.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have a J.D. and transactional legal experience at a large law firm that specializes in sports management, or at a sports management agency.
- Current active member, in good standing, of the New York State Bar or out-of-state bar association with eligibility to register as in-house counsel.
- Ability to multi-task, cover a high volume of deals, and work independently to structure, negotiate and expeditiously close both simple and complex transactions.
- Knowledge of the sports and overall entertainment industries and related legal trends and business practices.
- Experience working closely with sports agents.
- Experience working on deals with the NFL, NBA, and other national / international sports agencies.
- Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships within the sports department, sports world, and throughout Roc Nation.
- A strong work ethic with an eye toward action, change, speed and revenue growth strategies.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Note Roc Nation benefits and policies differ from Live Nation.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.