We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and its one thats shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, weve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people arent just part of a team, theyre part of something bigger. Were a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. Were only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time
As our Employment Counsel for the US you will play a crucial role in shaping employment law and employee relations at Babylon and helping integrate a global mindset into everything we do. Reporting into the Lead Employment Counsel/Employee Relations Manager, you will also work closely with the Global People team to provide support on employment related issues and strategy across the business.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Working within the Babylon in-house Legal team and alongside the People team on our US employment law matters.
- Providing day to day employment advice and information to the US business.
- Advising on employment and contractor agreements including review of all US employment and contractor agreements, with alignment globally where possible.
- Advising on employment elements of US transactions.
- Key point of contact for US employment litigation including advising business on merits, negotiation, strategy and prep for hearing. Managing internally, and managing external counsel where required.
- Communicate forthcoming US legislative changes to the legal team/people team/business and drafting/implementation of any required changes
- Drive forward continuous improvement, efficiencies, best practice (legal and ER)
- Responsibility for designing and delivering US Employee Relations training to the business
- Drafting, reviewing, implementing all US ER Policies, or contributing on the US aspects of global ER policies including analysis of what we have now, what needs updating, where we have gaps and therefore need new policies, etc.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to promote the employment law and ER function within the US business
- US employment law lead on projects
- Monitoring US legal trends and best practice to proactively advise and design solutions to evolving risks, opportunities and best practice
We’re excited about you if you have:
- US Law qualified
- Minimum 3 years PQE or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong background in creating, revising and implementing policy
- Experience of mergers and acquisitions
- Considerable experience of drafting at-will employment agreements and advising on post termination restrictions
- Private practice training/experience would be ideal but not essential
- In-house experience would be advantageous
- Experience advising on employment law across all states of the US, and in particular, California
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. Thats why its at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. Were committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, we have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.