Algolia is looking to add a corporate counsel with a focus on commercial transactions to our growing legal and compliance team. The ideal candidate will be a key partner to our Sales, Products, Engineering, Marketing and Security teams and support our growing revenue deals, products development and documentation and vendor procurement agreements. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic lawyer who has a passion for helping scale and shape commercial contracting processes and policies, training team members to accomplish the same, impact the development and lifecycle of products and learn and take on new areas of the law.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including enterprise SaaS, software license, partnership and alliance, consulting, reseller, referral, non-disclosure and other commercial agreements
- Partner cross-functionally with global teams on a variety of commercial matters
- Provide guidance to Products, Engineering, Marketing and Security on issues related to new and existing products and documentation
- Provide intellectual property and privacy law counseling
- Help identify and implement new policies, processes and procedures to manage legal and business risks
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions for business teams
- Manage outside counsel for quality and expenses as needed
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- JD and member of the CA Bar in good standing or Registered In-House Counsel in CA
- At least 4 years of law firm experience with training in corporate law and 2+ years of in-house relevant work experience in a growing technology company
- Passion for partnering with Sales and closing deals
- Experience with drafting and negotiating complex enterprise SaaS agreements
- Excellent legal and business judgment
- Strong communication and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Track record of initiative, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- The position will require some travel (mainly to our Paris office)
Nice to Have
- Expertise in Privacy, particularly EU data protection laws
- Experience with dispute resolution and litigation management
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT – Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST – Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR – Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE – Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY – Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Catered lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Workout Wednesdays w/ personal trainer
- Bi-monthly meditation sessions
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.