Experian is looking for a team-oriented attorney with 4 to 8 years of relevant experience for an in-house counsel position. The position will provide legal support for Experians North American credit services business. The ideal candidate will have experience representing companies in the unemployment claims, tax credits, and verifications industries
About us, but well be brief
Experian is the worlds leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years weve been named in the 100 Worlds Most Innovative Companies by Forbes Magazine
What youll be doing
The successful candidate will provide support for all legal matters of the day-to-day operations of Experians North American employment and income verification services, including negotiation and drafting agreements, and regulatory review and risk assessment for various product, marketing and other initiatives. Specific experience in a transactional and/or regulatory practice is a plus, but more important the successful candidate will demonstrate through prior experience an ability to learn and adapt to the requirements of the role. This position will report to a Vice President in the Legal Department.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate would have:
- A minimum of 4-8 years of directly relevant legal experience in a large law firm and/or in-house setting.
- Excellent academic credentials
- The highest standards for thoroughness and diligence in handling legal matters
- Experience in handling matters for financial services or other highly regulated industries
- Ability to work with little supervision, check ego at the door, and be an active member of a congenial legal team and work well with non-legal professionals
- Ability to understand complex business issues, develop practical, problem-solving strategies and effectively communicate in a positive manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- License to practice law
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once its safe to do so, well slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- Four weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 20%
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.