Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Attorney – Property & Casualty Insurance in our San Antonio, TX location.
In this position you will be responsible for providing legal counsel to business unit leadership within USAA by identifying and analyzing legal issues and communicating effective legal advice. Proactively engages with business clients to better understand USAAs strategic and operational objectives. Engages and collaborates with internal stakeholders within business units and the Chief Legal Office. Works independently on matters of significance to the organization.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Provides legal counsel to support business objectives and mitigate regulatory, compliance and litigation risk to USAA.
- Leads complex legal assignments with a high level of business impact and delivers appropriate solutions.
- Proactively identifies and manages existing and emerging legal and other risks that stem from business activities, in alignment with USAAs legal risk appetite.
- Ensures risks are effectively measured, monitored and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with stakeholders and varying levels of leadership in both verbal and written forms. Produces clear and concise legal positions.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes changes in laws, regulations and industry and advises appropriate organizational leadership of such changes in a timely manner.
- Proactively collaborates across USAA and the Chief Legal Office to mitigate risk.
- Works effectively with outside counsel or contract professionals to complete assignments.
- May assist more senior attorneys in providing advice and counsel on highly complex matters.
- Ensures escalation of matters presenting more significant risk to more senior attorneys.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited school.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school required.
- Licensed and in good standing to practice law in one state or a territory of the USA
- 6 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
- Demonstrated experience with personal-lines property and casualty insurance business and key functions including pricing, underwriting, claims and sales practices.
- Experience with property and casualty regulatory framework and the laws and regulations governing personal lines property and casualty insurance.
- Experience with conducting analysis of new and changing laws and regulations to determine applicability to the organization
- Legal Regulatory and/or compliance insurance experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 – $192,300 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.