The Federal Reserve System
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
What we do:
The Bank Supervision and Markets division of the New York Feds Legal Group provides legal advice in connection with (i) financial institution supervisory and regulatory matters within the purview of the New York Fed, including legal support for supervision and regulatory reporting and legal analysis of regulatory applications; (ii) open market, U.S. Treasury auction, foreign exchange, reference rate and discount window operations conducted by the New York Fed; (iii) the New York Feds external and sponsored committees, such as the Treasury Market Practices Group, Foreign Exchange Committee and Alternative Reference Rate Committee; and (iv) legislative and financial stability matters affecting the work of the New York Fed.
Your role as Counsel:
- Acts as counsel in legal matters arising from the New York Feds activities.
- Analyzes and advises on matters relating to Federal Reserve regulatory and supervisory authority over banks, bank holding companies, branches and financial market utilities, among other entities.
- Reviews various types of banking applications and other submissions to the New York Fed and participates in meetings with outside counsel and others to discuss proposed acquisitions or other activities of banks and other financial institutions.
- Counsels on legal, policy and transactional matters relating to the New York Feds open markets, U.S. Treasury auction and foreign exchange activities, including drafting relevant agreements and analyzing authority issues.
- Advises on lending engaged in by the New York Fed pursuant to regular and emergency authorities, including developing relevant documentation and analyzing collateral arrangements.
- Supports the work of the New York Feds advisory groups.
- Analyzes legislative proposals that bear on the work of the New York Fed.
- Participates in New York Fed and Federal Reserve System task forces, committees, and working groups.
What we are looking for:
- Juris doctor with at least ten years of legal experience, with an expertise in one or more of the following: financial transactions, capital markets, trading, lending, or derivatives;
- Admission to the New York State bar;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Demonstrated attention to detail and critical thinking.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- And more
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to “Protected Individuals” as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check, comply with all applicable information handling rules, and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.