Small Business Administration
Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of Inspector General! SBA OIG provides auditing, investigative, and other high quality services to support and assist the SBA in achieving its mission. We promote open and honest communication and encourage a positive work environment. We are listed among the top ranked agencies in the Partnership for Public Service’s 2019 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government!
You must meet the minimum basic educational requirements for Attorney positions. Education requirements include: a professional law degree J.D., LL.B., and/or LL.M. You must provide proof of your law degree with your application.
- Provides legal advice and services relating to audits, evaluations, investigations, and other products created by SBA-OIG components.
- Provides legal advice and guidance on complex cases or legal issues in one or more fields, including civil, criminal, and administrative law and procedure; ethics law; appropriations law; procurement law; legislative affairs; information disclosure law (FOIA/Privacy Act); and employment and labor law.
- Provides legal advice on a full range of SBA-OIG issues, applications, and interpretations.
- Provides legal advice to high-level agency officials and is responsible for effectively presenting the agency position before administrative or judicial bodies.
- Resolves complex factual and legal questions in the course of providing legal advice to the SBA-OIG, including quickly analyzing legal issues in question, developing the strategies to deal with these issues, and preparing the content of the completed analysis of issues.
- Recommends policies for and to conduct or coordinate relationships between the Agency and other Federal agencies, State and local governmental agencies, and nongovernmental entities with respect to (1) all matters relating to the promotion of economy and efficiency in the administration of, or the prevention and detection of fraud and abuse in, programs and operations administered or financed by the Agency or (2) the identification and prosecution of participants in such fraud or abuse.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must demonstrate sufficient evidence of experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Therefore, we encourage you to submit a thorough resume that directly relates to this position.
You must meet basic requirements and specialized experience to qualify for this position.
Applicants must possess a J.D., LL.B., and/or LL.M professional law degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school, be an active member of the bar in good standing (any jurisdiction), and possess at least two years of professional legal experience after admission to the bar, one year of which was at a level of difficulty comparable to the next lower grade in the Federal service; OR one year of professional legal experience after receiving a Scientiae Juris Doctor degree (Doctor of Juridical Science degree).
Specialized Experience Statement:
GS-14: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, obtained in either the private or public sector such as: 1) conducting legal research and preparing legal documents; 2) developing research strategies for complex legal issues; 3) writing complex documents such as briefs, issue papers, orders, rulemaking items, and report summaries and recommendations involving civil or criminal litigation; 4) making oral presentations, communicating legal research results, and defending legal positions; and 5) experience providing legal guidance to attorneys and other professionals.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g. professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on 04/22/2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.