D.H. Griffin Companies
About Us: The D.H. Griffin Companies are a vertically-integrated demolition, environmental, infrastructure, and contracting group of companies with offices across the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic states. We take pride in our work and expect the same from those who join our team. The D.H. Griffin Companies offer competitive pay and full benefits, including paid vacation and holidays, a 401k with company match, health and dental coverages, health care and flexible spending programs, and more. Pre-employment screening includes criminal background and MVR checks as well as drug screening.
Job Description: As Associate General Counsel, you will serve as a technical legal advisor supporting our leadership team and the Companies General Counsel. The successful candidate will assist with and help manage a wide variety of matters including real estate transactions, preparing and/or reviewing general contracts, subcontracts, and supplier agreements, assist with environmental, health and safety related legal matters, advise and assist human resources, coordinate litigation, perform closely-held business formation and governance matters, and manage general liability, auto, and workers compensation claims. Creatively and strategically supporting key business objectives and developing innovative solutions and systems in support of the Companies objectives, as well as anticipating and guarding against business and legal risks, is vital.
The ideal candidate will be a personable self-starter, with strong written and verbal communication skills, have extensive knowledge of real estate and construction law, and be able to successfully interact with a wide variety of internal team members and external clients, customers, and partners.
- Develop and manage internal relationships
- Review and respond to internal and external legal inquiries in a timely and respectful manner
- Negotiate, draft, and review a wide range of agreements and contracts, including general, subcontract, and vendor agreements, real property purchase and sale agreements, employment contracts, consulting agreements, NDAs, etc.
- Advise on environmental, health, and safety matters
- Advise on employment and human resources matters
- Advise on and assist with closely-held business formation and governance
- Provide legal advice and act as an escalation point person to find solutions to manage a variety of issues
- Provide support to the General Counsel and leadership team
- Manage outside counsel and advise the General Counsel and the leadership team with respect to formal dispute resolution actions
- Provide support on other matters requested by the General Counsel and the Companies leadership team members as needed.
- JD degree with admission to at least one state bar
- 12+ years related experience
- Must have legal experience in construction or commercial real estate
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, business and corporate law, environmental, health & safety (EHS) and workers compensation a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, and the ability to work across functions
- An entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced environment necessary
- Team focused with the ability to develop relationships and support our Companies missions
Get rewarded for your achievements with a fair compensation package and advancement opportunities and appreciate a positive company culture. Learn more about our companies at www.DHGriffin.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.