Labster is a fast-moving award-winning company that focuses on revolutionizing the way science is taught to students all over the world.
We develop fully interactive advanced lab simulations and combine these with gamification elements such as an immersive 3D universe, storytelling and a scoring system to stimulate curiosity and highlight the connection between science and the real world.
At Labster, we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world. We value impact, being bold, learning, collaboration and having fun whilst we do it.
With 20+ nationalities placed in offices in Bali, Zrich, Copenhagen, and Boston, you will find yourself in a truly international environment, where engagement, values, job satisfaction are goals of equal importance to the financial goals of the company.
We have replaced the conventional management hierarchy and organized ourselves using Holacracy.
Holacracy is a method of decentralized management and organizational governance, in which authority and decision-making are distributed throughout a holarchy of self-organizing teams rather than being vested in a management hierarchy. No more top-down management. We believe in finding talented people and organizations that empower them.
Do your current or former leaders and colleagues say THIS about you?
- You really GET IT. Youre smart. You take initiative. Youre a big-picture thinker who quickly grasps concepts and knows how to create fresh insights to apply in practical ways.
- Wow you really GET THINGS DONE! Youre focused and agile. You know how to figure out whats important and when. You pride yourself on high quality work, yet avoid getting bogged down in details.
- Youre EASY to work with. You have a positive outlook, and a can do approach.
If that’s you, this is an excellent opportunity to:
- Shape something new – assist our Corporate Counsel to build out the Legal Department in this newly created role.
- Become a value-adding peer to other teams in both Legal and Security, and Finance and Operations.
- Gain experience at a private-equity-backed company positioned for continued growth and impact.
- Maintain files and records of all contracts and legal documents through our contract management system.
- Support our sales team by reviewing and negotiating agreements including Order Forms, NDAs, MSAs.
- Review and negotiate agreements with vendors.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of document templates, alternate language playbooks, and internal resource documents.
- Monitor Labsters export compliance obligations.
- Monitor third party resources for infringement of Labsters copyrights and submit appropriate take down requests.
- Support Labsters global privacy compliance program by helping to draft and implement data privacy and security policies and processes, and review and negotiate data processing agreements.
- Support general business operations by responding to requests for assistance from non-sales personnel.
- Complete special projects as requested by creating project plans and leading through execution.
- 1-3 years of legal experience with a J.D. from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in Massachusetts or other US state jurisdiction(s)
- In-house experience, preferably at a software company with licensing experience
- Experience reviewing and negotiating non-disclosure agreements, commercial contracts and vendor agreements, preferably in the SaaS space
- Working knowledge and experience with Data Privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA
- Experience with OneTrust Data Privacy and Security platform, and a contracts lifecycle management software, a plus
- Skilled at developing strong working relationships with other business units despite competing priorities and interests
- Proven track record of delivering on commitments, and working closely and effectively with peers outside of the Legal group
- Great culture!
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
Labster Vision: Empower the Next Generation of Scientists to Change the World For more information on our company vision to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world, please see video links below:
BBC News: https: www.bbc.com/news/av/te…
Techcrunch: https: techcrunch.com/2020/08…
TED Talk: see our founder’s TED talk here
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.