This position is located in the Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP), Administrative Management and Operations Branch of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, in Washington, D.C.
Learn more about this agency
- Collaborate with the Director and senior management in the long-range planning, development and execution of programs, operations and procedures. Provides advice and assistance to the Chairman's office, Directors of the Division and Offices of the FDIC.
- Direct all aspects of the Division's workforce management to include: strategic planning, budgeting, human resources management, succession planning, information technology, management reporting, business intelligence, procurement, internal review and control activities, and knowledge management, and ensure that these programs are effectively executed in accordance with broadly stated divisional objectives and priorities, as well as within statutory requirements and agency policy guidelines.
- Provide executive oversight of the coordination of audit activity with the Office of Inspector General, the General Accountability Office, the Office of Corporate Risk Management, and the Office of Corporate Management Controls.
- Serve as senior executive managing Information Security and Technology programs, and providing guidance to staff on complex Information Security and Technology programs of financial institutions.
- Monitor Information Security programs to ensure the Division complies with the rapid growth of legislative and regulatory mandates.
- Exercise supervisory personnel management authority directly or indirectly through subordinate supervisors. Ensure all programs are administered effectively and in accordance with broadly stated objectives and priorities.
- Represent the Division at meetings with management officials internally and externally.
- Meet with interagency groups to discuss implementation of Continuity of Operations, emergency preparedness plans and the impact of the plans on the banking industry.
Occasional travel – Occasional travel is required.
Conditions of Employment
High Risk Position – Background Investigation (BI) required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here .
In order to qualify for this position, applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or above the CG/GS-15 grade level in the federal sector, or the equivalent in the private sector. Specialized experience is described as experience in directing a professional staff in two or more of the following areas: (1) Internal Control and Program Evaluation; (2) Strategic/Operational Planning (workforce planning and strategic initiatives); (3) Resource Management (budget, staffing, and administrative management); (4) Learning and Development; and, (5) Information Technology (IT) management.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors – if any) for this position within 30 calendar days of the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here .
If selected, you may be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period as applicable to appointment type.
Salary reflects a pay cap for this position of $273,400.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Qualified candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below:
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
High Risk (HR)
Trust determination process
Failure to provide all of the required documentation as stated in this vacancy announcement, may result in an ineligible determination or may affect your consideration status. Please review the following to determine your eligibility and which document(s) is required to complete your application:
FDIC EMPLOYEES: Submit a final digitally signed copy of your most recent Annual Performance Appraisal and Evaluation form. The final PDF form is also acceptable. If you want to be considered non-competitively include a copy of your SF-50. The SF-50 must show the highest grade level or full performance level applicant has attained competitively on a permanent basis, and grade must be equivalent or higher than the grade for which applying.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.