Emerson Electric Co
- Prepare and/or review periodic SEC and other company public filings.
- Review public presentations and press releases.
- Monitor compliance with NYSE and SEC rules and state corporate law requirements.
- Accumulate and review applicable data and prepare and review annual proxy statement.
- Prepare materials for Board of Directors and committee meetings and annual shareholders meeting.
- Perform legal research as assigned.
- Assist in engagement with governance rating agencies.
- Management of Emersons US subsidiaries minute books, draft resolutions and bylaws, prepare and file incorporation documents, state qualifications and withdrawals, collaboration with Tax and Treasury entity activity, and prepare and file merger/dissolution documents.
- Manage and oversee subsidiary related restructurings including drafting corporate documents such as consents, capital contributions, basic merger agreements, share transfer agreements and the like.
- Coordinate necessary information for Hart-Scott-Rodino filings.
- Manage and maintain a legal entity management system of Emerson subsidiaries worldwide and answer questions relating thereto.
- Prepare incumbency certificates, powers of attorney and secretary certificates.
- Assist with, obtain and distribute notarizations, apostilles, legalized documents, certified copies, corporate filings and other corporate documents as needed.
- Review and manage invoices submitted for subsidiary related work.
- Miscellaneous research in historical corporate records including stock matters.
- You push yourself and help others achieve results.
- You acquire data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems.
- You readily action new challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- You encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- You carefully consider all relevant factors and use appropriate decision-making criteria and principles.
The candidate should hold a juris doctorate degree from an accredited law school and should have passed a bar exam.
The candidate should possess interpersonal skills appropriate for communicating with senior management. The candidate should also be proficient in use of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software. Previous work experience as a lawyer or law clerk in a corporate law department would be helpful.
Licensed to practice law
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We dont settle for good enough or This is the way its always been done. Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the never been done before.
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world’s most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.