The incumbent serves as the Enterprise Architect and leads a wide range of tasks for developing the enterprise business architecture. S/he makes decisions or recommendations that significantly influence important agency Enterprise Architecture policies or programs. S/he supports a range of Information Technology tasks for all phases of the software development life cycle, including design and development at the presentation, application, and database tiers.
Learn more about this agency
The Technical Architect:
- Independently plan and execute a holistic approach to formulate and align cross-functional, cross-disciplinary business views of the enterprise, ensure alignment to governance principles, and standardize business methods and value streams.
- Seek out process improvements through structured business process re-engineering methodologies.
- Responsible for programmatic analyses, evaluation and performance through review of customer feedback and subordinate command progress reports.
- Develop detail Business or Systems requirements for approved complex projects and enhancements to existing large-scale projects.
- Serve as an Enterprise Architect leading a wide range of tasks developing the enterprise business architecture.
- Make decisions or recommendations that significantly influence important agency Enterprise Architecture policies or programs.
- Provide a range of information technology issues including application design and development activities at the presentation, application, and database tiers; duties include all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Assist in design and development of data model prototypes.
- Develop software products using state-of-the-art development tools.
- Plan and lead effort to develop new concepts, software designs, theories, programs and products.
- Lead the development of Level of Effort (LOE) estimates for requirements analysis work, participating in the planning for systems requirements development and artifacts completion often as a project technical authority.
- Serve as an expert resource providing options and alternatives for defining requirements and applying established and emerging technology and methods.
Conditions of Employment
- Must meet specialized experience stated in Qualifications section
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- TRAVEL EXPENSES: No funding or temporary duty travel expenses will be paid for by the agency offering this detail opportunity. It is recommended that the successful candidate be physically located in the Washington, DC area.
All interested candidates should submit a resume describing their background and experience. Candidates may also submit additional supporting documentation.
Submit the above information no later than COB on April 19, 2021 to Ivonne Rodriguez at Ivonne.Rodriguezdot.gov .
PLEASE NOTE – THIS IS A DETAIL POSITION, NOT TO EXCEED 1 YEAR.
Notes: This detail is considered a detail to "unclassified duties" which means that that grade level, title and occupation series have not been assigned by a Classification Specialist. The candidate does not have to meet time-in-grade or OPM qualification requirements regarding one year of specialized experience. However, applications will still be screened for assurance that all required documents are submitted and that candidates' experience, skills, and background will allow for successful performance of the required duties.
An employee who is on detail is considered for pay and FTE purposes to be permanently occupying his or her regular position. Therefore, there is no change to the employee's grade or salary while serving on the detail.
This vacancy may be used by any DOT agency to fill similar positions within 90 days.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the basic qualifications for this position, specifically the educational and specialized experience requirements.
Applicants will not be rated or ranked.
All applications that are verified to meet the basic qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated by a resume. If, upon review, it is determined that your resume and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application may be removed from consideration.
Ultimately, the Automated Staffing Office is responsible for determining an applicant's eligibility. Please ensure that your resume provide enough detail to support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
High Risk (HR)
Trust determination process
ALL Applicants must provide a resume that fully supports the required specialized experience and was created within USA Jobs Resume Builder and respond to the vacancy questions by the closing date of the vacancy. Formatted resumes can be uploaded when you arrive at the DOT application system. For assistance with the resume builder, please visit: https: www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/
The following is a list of documents that are only required based on the type of position and consideration for which you are applying.
Required for ALL Applicants
- RESUME – All interested candidates must submit a resume, most recent performance appraisal, current SF 50, and a statement addressing their interest in this detail opportunity as well as their applicable skills, experience, and background for the detail opportunity. May also upload resume, if desired, but application must include USAJobs BUILT resume.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE – answered online as part of application process.
FEDERAL APPLICANTS: You must submit your most current and other SF-50(s) that verify your current position, highest competitive grade, full performance level, and eligibility as a federal applicant. DO NOT submit an award SF-50 as these often do not verify grade or eligibility. For consideration for a promotion, Box 4 of the SF-50 must show a date that is at least 52 weeks prior to the job announcement closing. We recommend submitting your last promotion SF-50, current SF-50 or within-grade increase SF-50. Pay adjustment raise SF-50s for the current year will not support the 52 weeks' time-in-grade requirements. https: www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/service/SF-50/
PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS/INCENTIVE AWARDS: If applicable, performance appraisals and/or Incentive award documentation may be submitted and will be forwarded to the selecting official as support in consideration of your application in the evaluation process. To receive due weight, you must submit a recent performance appraisal (dated within 18 months) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable (do not submit a performance plan) and/or incentive award documentation dated within the last 18 months (i.e. superior performance awards, special act or achievement awards, quality step increases, etc.)
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position. Please review your application prior to final submission and ensure you have submitted all appropriate documents. Uploading documents to USAJobs does NOT ensure inclusion with your application to our system.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.