The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.
Learn more about this agency
- Work closely with customer account managers and team leads to ensure program meets customer objectives
- Establish an Agile framework for ensuring that customer needs and objectives are clearly understood by IT, customers receive regular feedback on services provided to them, and that IT has an effective means for assessing customer satisfaction
- Participate in the design and implement approved technologies in support of the evolving DAU Learning Ecosystem
- Manage and implement improvements to existing DAU technology solutions, incorporating modern UX with easy-to-use capabilities
- Conduct program reviews to determine strategic vision/way forward for assigned resources, to include reshaping program content, workflows and training to support enterprise and directorate-level strategic planning efforts
- Assist with the development of data strategies and associated policies to meet best practices in data security, information assurance, and data retention.
- Develop requirements, create performance work statements and evaluate proposals, review deliverables and monitor contractor performance.
Occasional travel – Occasional travel may be required for this position
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Background Investigation is required
You must have one year of specialized experience at the NH-0343-III (GS-11) grade level in Federal service or an equivalent position in the civilian sector. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as:1) developing acquisition strategies; 2) planning, establishing, and reviewing contracts; or 3) preparing procurement request packages.
- Must have at least 10 years of work experiences within DOD as either Civilian or Contractor with Systems Integration or Data Architecture as a primary duty and at least 5 years of hands-on work experience in program management, communications, training, requirements, and process re-engineering
- Must be able to demonstrate experience with application development practices and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Must have a working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and DoDAF
- Must be able to develop and maintain Data Use Agreements and Interface Control Documentation
- Must have experience with hardening systems and securing data In Accordance With (IAW) DOD or government guidelines
- Expert level, comprehensive understanding of issues in a complex system such as performance, data integrity security and capacity
- Must have PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or obtain within 6 months of employment
- Must complete Contracting Officer's Representative Course via Defense Acquisition University within 60 days of employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, client relation skills, and the ability to work effectively as a leader in a technical team environment
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
DAU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DAU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telework.
Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of two years if one has not already been completed.
Drug Testing: This position may be subject to random drug testing.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): You must be well qualified for the position to receive special selection priority under the ICTAP. A qualified ICTAP eligible achieving a score of 85 or above will be considered "well qualified". For more information, go to: http: www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA): Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing an initial 3-year term (not less than 2 years and 11 months) may apply regardless of their current geographical location. Veterans must submit their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, to be considered under this authority.
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You may be eligible for MSP, if you are the spouse of an active duty military member and you are ranked among the best qualified for this vacancy.
Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http: www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Veterans' preference eligibility is treated as a positive factor when making a selection from external sources. It is applied when the organization makes a final selection from the candidates with substantially equal qualifications as described in the Best Meets Mission Requirements definition below. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
Best Meets Mission Requirements definition: Applicant has the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to substantially exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. This equates to the best qualified assessment criteria established for the vacancy and based on overall demonstrated experience, education, training, appraisals/evaluations, job-related awards, certifications, honors and relevant outside activities.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, and spiritual, community, student, and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience
HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the basic requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Assessment Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Information Technology Customer Support
- Information Technology Policy and Planning
- Planning and Evaluating
- Systems Life Cycle
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following supporting documents are REQUIRED to verify your individual eligibility status. Not all will apply for each applicant. They MUST be received by the closing date of the announcement.
- You must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty", showing the dates of active duty service, type of discharge and the character of service. Alternatively, If you are a current military member in active duty service and do not have a copy of your DD Form-214, you must submit written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted with your application for this position. The certification should also include your rank, dates of active duty service and what the condition of discharge is thought to be.
- If claiming 10-point preference and/or are a 30% or more Disabled Veteran, you must submit both a DD Form-214 or expected discharge documentation as described above AND a copy of a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or your branch of service certifying the presence of service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of disability.
- If you are claiming eligibility based on 10-point derived veterans' preference (i.e. a spouse, widow/widower, or parent of a veteran claiming veterans' preference when the veteran is unable to use it), you must also submit a Standard Form 15 (SF-15) "Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference" and any required documents indicated on the SF-15 to substantiate the claimed preference.
Note: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed are received, legible, and accurate.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.