Technology Transactional Attorney
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is Americas fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen and live! We are currently seeking a mid-level attorney to work on-site supporting legal transactions at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
VIZIO is seeking a mid-level attorney to assist with supporting transactional matters. Experience with data licensing and adtech a plus. Other transactional items may include professional service agreements, customer agreements, SOWs, and technology contracts. The candidate will work closely with the members of the in-house legal team and multiple client groups/functional departments at all levels of the company, including VIZIOs sales, engineering, IT, products and business teams and other key stakeholders, to obtain necessary information, conduct legal analysis, and help ensure that all interests of the affected business units are appropriately represented in the applicable legal context. Also, potential for expansion of duties and opportunity to make a significant impact on continued growth of the legal department as the department ramps up to meet the demands for VIZIOs rapidly expanding business. This is an amazing opportunity to play a key role in supporting the companys rapid growth. Like all attorneys at all levels at VIZIO, this individual must be willing to pitch in wherever necessary to assist the legal team in meeting the companys goals.
- Bachelors degree and a Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S. accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in the State of California or qualify to register as California in-house counsel
- 5-7 years transactional experience
- Able to handle multiple matters simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Ability to evaluate issues from legal and business perspectives with a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving, as well as a track record of success in handling complex business and legal issues in a fast-paced, agile and evolving technology-driven business environment
- Must be able to support strategic initiatives including cutting edge technology and regulatory support
- Willing to independently assist in the processing of the companys higher volume, more routine contracts, such as non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements, services agreements and other types of agreements
- Solid background and experience with negotiating, drafting and advising on a variety of agreements Service-orientation and commitment to professionalism
- Sense of humor and strong interpersonal skills including maturity, creativity and a high energy level
- Team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence peers and all levels of management
- Ability to work well in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment, as well as in a small team environment and become a productive and positive member of the Legal department
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Sharepoint.
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $145,000/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.