Harris Healthcare is seeking a business-oriented, motivated, resourceful attorney to join our Legal Team!
The Harris Healthcare portfolio of business units provide innovative, mission critical software to the ever-changing healthcare space, including software that supports hospitals, health systems, providers and health plans. The position(s) are primarily focused on U.S. healthcare and technology businesses, though Harris Healthcare provides software solutions world-wide, including throughout North America, the UK, Europe and Australia. Harris Healthcare is part of the Harris Operating Group of Constellation Software, Inc. which is publicly listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
These new team members will report to Harris Associate General Counsel Healthcare, and we are looking for candidates who possess 5-8+ years of experience from a well-respected firm or company, with a firm understanding of the legal issues arising under technology contracts, software license agreements, and US healthcare laws including HIPAA.
This position is based out of our Milwaukee, WI or Niagara Falls, NY locations and open to a remote location as well.
What your role will be:
- Responsible for legal matters for assigned Harris Healthcare business units.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements and contracts for customers and vendors, including license agreements, reseller agreements, service agreements, technology development agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Based on experience level, lead, from beginning to end, the structuring, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and closing of corporate and commercial transactions.
- Create and maintain template agreements based on business and legal requirements.
- Work closely with the other members of the Legal & Compliance Department and cross-functional teams across Harris Healthcare to identify needs, advise and counsel internal clients, and support Harris business growth.
- Represent the needs and concerns of Harris Healthcare business units when interacting with customers, vendors and other partners; interact with external counsel on negotiations and dispute resolution.
- Review and proactively identify legal trends and risks as part of the changing regulatory environment.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of US healthcare law, including HIPAA, data privacy and security.
- Familiarity with reviewing and drafting technology/software license agreement.
- 5 to 8 years of expereince
- A highly motivated and organized individual with strong business judgment and exceptional drafting skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, and exercise excellent judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide sound, clear and succinct legal advice and analysis to business units and the Legal team, in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to manage a diverse scope of matters, issues and projects simultaneously.
- Must have a JD Degree and be a member in good standing of a State Bar.
What will make you stand out:
- International contracting experience; experience with GDPR, UK and other international privacy laws a plus.
- International medical device regulatory and/or contracting experience a plus.
- Familiarity with the CCPA and other State privacy and breach notification laws a plus.
What we offer:
- Member within a global Human Resource team that is growing!
- Opportunity to fulfill your professional goals as well as achieve your personal goals and dreams
- Casual work environment that offers comfort while providing superior service to our customers
- Comprehensive benefits package as well as other additional Perks!
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities.
Our mission is to offer choice among industry leading software solutions, expertise in service and delivery, and to realize long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. Our client relationships are strengthened by our consultative partnership approach, which entails substantial interaction and information sharing between our management team and yours.
We provide choice through our Software for Life program which allows clients to choose the best solution for their unique needs as well as what to integrate or upgrade, and when. This commitment ensures our clients can sculpt and scale to optimize patient care and business operations to generate a solid return on investment.
We demand industry, regulatory and domain proficiency from our employees. We combine industry best practices, decades of experience and ample educational opportunities to deliver a white-glove customer experience.
We want our customers to be customers for life, so we focus on creating a customer experience that will deliver on this goal. We build mutually beneficial partnerships with our clients by working together to ensure we understand and meet their needs now, and in the future.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.