MFS Investment Management
Whether you’re an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you’ll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
MFS Investment Management is seeking an Advisers Act attorney to join its Legal Department. The attorneys primary responsibilities will include providing advice to compliance and business units regarding federal securities laws and self-regulatory organization issues (principally under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940), assisting in drafting and negotiating investment management agreements with institutional clients globally and assisting in providing legal support to the wrap-fee business.
- Advises on Investment Advisers Act issues generally. Assists with the preparation of adviser filings, primarily Form ADV. Negotiates Investment Management Agreements with institutional clients globally and provides general legal support to the institutional business. Stays informed on state law issues regarding certain governmental clients.
- Negotiates Wrap-Fee agreements (manager-traded, model-delivery, dual contract) and provides general legal support to the wrap-fee business.
- Reviews and interprets statutes, rules and policies which are relevant to the regulatory functions of MFS, its corporate subsidiaries, clients and fund complexes and works with internal clients to meet their business objectives within the regulatory environment.
- Maintains awareness of best practices and evolving issues within the scope of the position, relates same to other departments within MFS, suggesting changes and modifications in practices and processes as necessary, and planning the implementation of same.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelors Degree and Juris Doctorate Degree required. Must have at least 5-7 years of experience practicing law, preferably at a national law firm and/or comparable in-house position. Experience working in a global business preferred.
- Significant experience with Advisers Act issues highly preferred. Working knowledge of investment management operations and advisory functions is preferred, as is significant knowledge of subject area within scope of position.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, detail-oriented, communication, client-service, team-working and problem-solving skills. Must be able to write effectively, and present research, analysis and conclusions in a persuasive manner.
- Proven ability to develop and foster strong interpersonal relationships and to maintain effective cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
- Must be a member in good standing of the Bar and maintain good standing for all necessary license(s) and/or professional qualifications.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email talent_acquisitionmfs.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. “Click here to view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster and supplement.”
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.