National Basketball Association
At the NBA, were passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the leagues on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the worlds most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBAs success.
Advise on and manage legal matters primarily relating to certain NBA, WNBA, G League, and NBA 2K League benefit plans — including plans for players, coaches, referees, and League Office staff — and support the implementation and administration of these plans.
- Serve as primary day-to-day legal resource for various benefit plans (both League-administered and Taft-Hartley), insurance programs, and educational programs. Includes defined-benefit and defined-contribution retirement plans, nonqualified plans, annuity plans, and VEBA benefits.
- Collaborate with individuals from various departments, and work with outside counsel and consultants, to implement and administer plans/programs and related CBAs.
- Serve as primary contact person in dealings with the National Basketball Players Association on player benefit matters, and assist in the negotiation of benefit-related CBA provisions.
- Monitor legal and other developments related to fiduciary best practices and benefit plan design and administration.
- Advise (in writing and orally) members of the Legal Department, other senior League executives, and teams regarding benefit matters.
- Support efforts of NBA’s Player Health group, including by drafting health-related consulting and vendor agreements and assisting with the processing of team applications for roster and salary-cap rule exceptions.
- Assist on other legal matters reflecting Department needs.
- Strong understanding of ERISA, HIPAA, and privacy laws.
- Substantial experience with benefit-plan administration or implementation, ERISA-related litigation, or other employee benefit matters.
- Record of distinguished academic and professional achievement.
- Minimum of two years of experience at a law firm and/or similar in-house experience.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and issue-spotting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time-management capabilities.
- Must relate well to others and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Law degree and bar admission (NY)
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.