Data Privacy Attorney, US
This role reports to the Senior Corporate Counsel and is based in Cambridge, MA. No remote option is available post-pandemic.
TriNetX is the Global Health Research Network for Healthcare Organizations (HCOs), Biopharma & CROs. We help to optimize clinical research and enable discoveries through the creation of real-world evidence (RWE). TriNetX combines real-time access to longitudinal clinical and genomic data with state-of-the-art analytics to answer complex research questions at the speed of thought.
Our customer base, networks, and product offerings are growing rapidly. This newly created role is an exciting opportunity to be an important part of our growing legal team. The Paralegal will be primarily responsible for reviewing and managing a large variety of contracts. Drafting documentation support for corporate transactions and other corporate housekeeping and legal operations. This role requires a polished professional that has a strong work ethic, is a self-driver, has demonstrated experience owning legal tasks and projects from start to finish with an ability to manage multiple projects and work seamlessly with stakeholder throughout the organization.
TriNetX is looking to hire a Data Privacy Attorney who will act as an individual contributor to the Legal Department, ensuring compliance with TriNetXs data privacy and security governance program and processes.
Your possible responsibilities:
- Assist with producing documentation, including privacy risk assessments, risk analyses, incident reports, and related artifacts including assisting with pre-sale privacy assessments.
- Collaborating on privacy audits and remediation, regularly tracking and reporting compliance with our internal privacy control framework and other privacy program metrics.
- Assist with ensuring applicable privacy and security requirements are incorporated into Policies, SOPs, and other controls, implemented for a project, product, or platform.
- Assist with implementing all data processing agreements to ensure applicable program concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed, in addition to assisting with ongoing compliance monitoring.
- Address all gaps with and requirements for compliance with applicable privacy laws and educate TriNetX internal stakeholders.
- Act as a data privacy and compliance liaison, under the direction of the head of the legal department, to the business, to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws, including but not limited to GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA. This includes review of all Privacy Agreements and other privacy documents including but not limited to Data Addendums, Data Protection Impact Assessments, and other privacy contracts.
- Keep abreast of all privacy law changes and educates TriNetX internal stakeholders accordingly.
- Participate in meetings with the Data Trust Team and other departmental meetings, as needed.
- Analyzes and reviews, privacy and security matters of client and vendor contract terms, conditions, and obligations, as assigned.
Other duties and responsibilities: (What you bring to the table)
- Coordinates with internal TriNetX stakeholders, including Engineering, IT, Data Team, and Security, on related terms in the contract, or contract change(s) in scope, including all non-standard terms and conditions.
- Provides other support, as necessary, as directed by the In-house Counsel, including without limitation: supporting any requirements for product and platform monitoring.
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- Licensed attorney in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience with exposure to HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules, relevant experience advising a multinational SaaS company on global data privacy regulation and laws. Healthcare IT experience is desired.
- Excellent research and writing skills are required.
- Ability to manage and communicate with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effective organizational, analytical, confidentiality, multi-tasking, and time management skills including collaboration, partnership, and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive projects from start to finish.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail, communication, and direct customer skills, plus the ability to work as part of a team as well as an individual contributor.
- CIPP/US, CIPP/EU, CIPM, or equivalent professional certification strongly preferred.
Interested in joining our community?
TriNetX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No recruiters or agencies, please. Any candidates submitted through outside agencies will NOT be considered and disqualified. Thank You.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.