CORPORATE COUNSEL – REGULATORY
West Hills, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com’s career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to recruiterpharmavite.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You’ll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose – that’s Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Corporate Counsel – Regulatory will provide legal advice, counsel, and services to ensure that the organization is operating in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, investigate and resolve matters, and respond to questions from regulatory authorities. The ideal candidate will be an experienced FDA or FTC regulatory lawyer with diverse experience, including experience relating to the dietary supplement industry. Position will also include advising on claims substantiation, label claims, product promotion and advertising materials and labeling. Corporate Counsel reports to the Director, Legal & Compliance.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we’re making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Provides counsel to the company on regulatory matters, with particular emphasis on the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, FDA regulations, and FTC laws and regulations.
- Advises and actively participates in the development of procedures, practices and systems that ensure compliance with regulatory requirements with particular emphasis on regulatory requirements relating to dietary supplement GMP compliance and dietary supplement claims, claims substantiation and promotion compliance.
- Partners with various departments, including Regulatory Affairs, Science & Technology, Marketing, and Sales on the development, revision, review, and approval of claims on labels and advertisements and achieving optimal solutions for claims and promotions.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the end to end claims and label process.
- Assists in managing, pursuing, and responding to regulatory agency investigations and administrative actions, with particular emphasis on FDA, FTC, NAD, state agencies, state attorneys general and other issues.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, strategic, and innovative practicing attorney with law firm or in-house experience on advising on product claims, claims substantiation, and regulatory matters. You are able to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, demanding work environment, with strong work ethic, passion, and flexibility.
You’ll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Strong knowledge of FDA and FTC requirements, especially as related to claims, claims substantiation, advertising, and promotions.
- Business acumen and understanding of business pressures and goals as well as an innate business sense and ability to work effectively with internal business clients, and make appropriate, autonomous decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated quality of service with strong attention to accuracy and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to act with urgency and effectively prioritize projects to meet numerous deadlines.
It’s an exciting time in Pharmavite’ s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there’s more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you’ll need to have:
- Passed the California State Bar exam and be a licensed attorney in good standing.
- 1 to 5 years of experience either entirely in a top law firm or in a top law firm combined with in-house experience on regulatory compliance.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a JD.
- Prior in-house experience, ideally within consumer product goods or FDA-regulated manufacturing company, is a plus.
- Experience in other subject matters such as intellectual property, class action consumer products litigation or transactional experience is a plus.
Here, career paths aren’t predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don’t exist – you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team – to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that’s as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being – as well as peace of mind. These rewards – plus our new recognition program – ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that’s right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.