T. Rowe Price
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
The Legal Counsel will be a member of the Global Advisory -, providing legal advice and guidance on various institutional investment advisory matters in support of a variety of business units and legal entities within the T. Rowe Price organization. This position will provide legal support and guidance to firmwide strategic initiatives as well as departmental projects. The Legal Counsel will support various business lines, including institutional separate accounts as well as other investment advisory programs and services offered by the firm. Additionally, this role will be responsible for coordinating and working with Senior Legal Counsels regarding issues relating to the Investment Advisers Act as well as other rules & regulations impacting investment advisers (e.g., CFTC rules).
- Requires specialized knowledge and expertise in their own job discipline and deep experience in integrating related disciplinary knowledge
- Leads disciplinary or cross-functional program of notable risk; uses sophisticated analytical thought to identify innovative solutions
- Accountable for work of self and others; sets standards around which others will operate
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Acts as advisor to management and key external stakeholders on broad ranging projects
- Reviews presented business issues related to investment advisory activities, conducts legal research and investigations, and crafts legal solutions, balancing internal and external stakeholder interests with the risks of adverse legal actions, revenue loss, or reputational damage to the entity. Issues are typically complex or without much precedence and require creative solutions. May enlist more junior colleagues to conduct more routine assignments within large-scale matters/issues.
- Communicates and collaborates with leaders who also serve in an advisory or oversight capacity, such as compliance, risk, audit, etc., and develops the legal response/position for complex issues identified as significant risks or areas of noncompliance. Coordinates with global colleagues on matters of broad relevance. Reviews summaries of legal matters and due diligence activities prepared by less experienced professionals for accuracy.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of practice or functional area products and services or specializes in a specific product or practice area. Maintains expert knowledge of all regulators relevant to the practice or functional areas. Advances knowledge through participation in external industry or professional events.
- Handles a portfolio of moderate to complex, often specialized, legal issues, including serving as an advisor to internal and external stakeholders, including outside counsel, relevant to issues affecting the assigned entities.
- Provides work guidance and mentoring to less experienced attorneys or other legal department colleagues. May manage a micro-team.
Law Degree from accredited School of Law and admission to the MD State Bar or other State Bar AND 6+ years of total relevant work experience
- Attorney with in-house asset management experience and 6+ years experience in practice area
- Experience interacting with Investment and Trading groups within institutional asset manager
- Experience with the Investment Advisers Act and related regulatory regimes (e.g., CFTC, Exchange Act, Investment Company Act)
- Demonstrated experience interacting with other attorneys, legal analysts and compliance groups
- Ability to interact effectively and work in partnership with a diverse group of internal and external contacts
Job Family: Legal Counsel
Track/Level: Knowledge Management 4
The following text is hard coded on the T. Rowe Price site and cannot be changed. It is provided for your information only:
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
T. Rowe Price is committed to providing our associates with a comprehensive total rewards benefit program, including wellness, retirement and quality-of-life benefits. ? Please view What We Offer to see what’s available to you.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.