Applied Materials, Inc.
We are looking for an experienced and practical attorney who can help our team continue to evolve Applied Materials privacy and data governance program. This role requires expertise in privacy law, data protection, data governance, cybersecurity, and managing complex global issues.
In the role, you will work closely with the information security, internal audit, procurement, and corporate security teams, using a hands-on approach to advising on privacy and data governance regulations and their implications for new products and services. You will also be developing, implementing, and communicating assessments, policies and practices on privacy and data governance. You must be able to breakdown complex legal issues and effectively
communicate those to both attorneys and non-attorneys.
What You’ll Do
- Advise the business on global data protection law compliance and risk concerning employee data, data retention and processing, business data analytics, data security and incidents, and ethical data use
- Proactively monitor and assess changes in US and global privacy laws
- Continue to advance Applied Materials data governance and protection strategy, including protection of customer data; personal and sensitive data; records management and retention; and AI, ML, big data, and biometrics regulatory and ethical considerations
- Proactively review, evaluate, and ensure compliance with regulations in government contracts
- Monitor and advise on the potential business impact of new, pending or proposed state, federal and global legislation, rules and regulations, as well as industry developments/trends and geopolitical considerations related to privacy, data governance, and data security that may affect the company and its operations
- Support the negotiation and drafting of government and commercial contractual clauses relating to privacy, data protection, and security Manage audits and remediation Help develop and manage cross-functional risk management program
- Prepare and manage the implementation of internal and customer-facing privacy and data governance policies and related communications
- Creatively build upon and drive awareness around privacy and data protection issues, including developing and delivering training on relevant privacy, data security, and data governance-related matters
- Support response to potential privacy and security risks and regulatory requirements
- Review collection, use, and transfers of data and draft privacy notices, consent, and disclosures
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the products and objectives of the company
Who You Are
- J.D. from an accredited law school and 6+ years of relevant experience
- In-house and top-tier law firm experience, with substantial focus on privacy, data governance and employee data protection compliance
- Experience building and managing successful data governance programs, including management and protection of customer and other sensitive data
- In-depth knowledge of domestic and global privacy laws and regulations, including China Cybersecurity Law and associated standards, GDPR, PIPA, CPRA, BIPA, CUBI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable integrity, good judgment, and strong analytical skills
- Someone who is flexible, pragmatic, and has a keen sense of humor
- Collaborative by nature and able to build strong partnerships
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage and prioritize a diverse and complex workload
- Ability to influence beyond authority in a complex and matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement global, enterprise-wide policies and practices
- Demonstrated ability to support and collaborate cross-functionally (IT, Infosec, R&D, marketing, sales, commercial legal and engineering teams)
- Experience with data privacy impact assessments, risk assessments, and data mapping
- Familiarity with cybersecurity standards and frameworks
- CIPP preferred CISSP or technical/systems background a huge plus
- Multiple language proficiency a huge plus
- Experience with platforms like OneTrust or TrustArc a plus
Years of Experience:
7 – 10 Years
Yes, 25% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.