Fresenius Medical Care
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Corporate Counsel is an entry level position in our 50-lawyer Law Department. The Corporate Counsel works on a broad range of corporate and healthcare legal matters and supports more senior lawyers who handle commercial contracting, transactional and heath care regulatory work.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft, review, revise and manage contracts and legal memoranda for review by senior legal staff.
- Conduct research, review with senior legal staff and provide advice to company divisions on general legal and regulatory compliance issues.
- Draft agreements and participate in contract negotiations. Suggest alternative provisions to senior attorneys that will limit risk and liability to FMCNA.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the legal team to devise, plan and implement long-term projects, policies, presentations, etc. to management and field personnel.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by more senior lawyers.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires some travel throughout the United States on an as-needed basis.
Juris Doctorate from an accredited school and admission to Massachusetts or other state bar.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 5 years related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with FMCNA field personnel and other attorneys within and outside the legal department.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience in the drafting and negotiation of contracts.
- Excellent legal research skills.
- Strong computer skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.