As the Senior Legal Counsel, you will serve as both strategic thought partner and subject matter expert for teams across the company. This exciting opportunity includes advising on a wide range of legal matters, focusing on commercial agreements, regulatory and product compliance issues, employment matters, and more. In our work, we aim to be smart, industrious, creative and, above all, collaborative.
You will bring a business-oriented, practical mindset to solving problems while delivering legal advice without the legalese. This is a great opportunity to scale the legal team in a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a variety of complex commercial topics.
You will provide practical guidance to support Yotpos needs that balances our goals and legal risk, taking into account company policies and positions.
This role is based in New York City and reports into the General Counsel.
- Provide legal advice and closely work with all teams at Yotpo, with focus on the Sales and Partners organizations and other key business units including Product, Marketing, Finance, HR and Operations.
- Partner and advise business teams in the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of legal agreements involving complex sales and partnerships and privacy-related legal issues.
- Provide business-oriented solutions to global regulatory framework (focus on the US) analyzing the company’s current and future regulatory situation to determine the best scalable long-term framework to pursue and work with the product team to determine the optimal strategy.
- Advising business stakeholders, taking into account the relevant legal issues and risks, agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Provide general legal support to our global business on an as-needed basis.
- 7+ years of experience practicing law in the technology space; 3+ years in-house experience.
- Substantial product and transactional experience in a SaaS or other software company.
- JD from an accredited law school; bar admission and in good standing to practice law in your relevant jurisdiction.
- Experience negotiating SaaS and customer licensing contracts; demonstrated ability to manage and close commercial and legal negotiations.
- Comfortable negotiating data privacy agreements, including a working knowledge of GDPR and CCPA as they relate to commercial contracts. An positive negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues, and bring deals to a favorable close
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively provide sound legal advice, exercise good business judgment, and work collaboratively with other attorneys, team leads, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with, influence, and inform diverse groups, including peers and customers.
Bonus points for:
- Experience fast growing tech start up / B2B SaaS / e-commerce.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
If you dont meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – thats okay, nobodys perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to go into work every day.
- 100% coverage of employee medical premiums; 90% coverage of dependent/family premiums.
- Comprehensive dental, life, disability and vision coverage.
- Generous PTO, holidays and flex days.
- Company sponsored 401K matching.
- Pre-tax Commuter and Healthcare benefits.
- Paid leave for new parents and Dependent Care FSA.
- Individualized career development, rewards and recognition.
- Wellness and philanthropic programming and events.
- Committed to anti racist work
- In light of the global pandemic, all Yotpo teams are working in a remote capacity. When we return to the office, we expect well be working in a hybrid model.
- Meet the team: Donna Gershowitz
Yotpos employee-centric culture has consistently earned us coveted spots on Crains and BuiltInNYCs Best Places to Work lists. Directly inspired by employee feedback, we create opportunities to bring our teams together. Yotpo programming includes quarterly events, educational fireside chats, summer outings, end of year celebrations and affinity groups like Yotpo Cares and DEI-PO.
Youll be working alongside awesome people where your voice is heard and your perspective is encouraged. Come join us and help us build a global company where we’re all proud to belong.
Yotpo is for everyone. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.