General Counsels Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
The Regulatory Banking & Insurance Team of the General Counsels Organization at American Express is seeking a Director & Counsel to provide legal and strategic support on consumer finance regulatory issues. This position will report to a Senior Counsel.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Serve as an advisor on various U.S. credit risk-related consumer financial regulatory matters, including fair lending, credit bureau reporting and UDAAP
- Analyze complex legal questions, problems, cases and/or facts
- Collaborate with colleagues across the General Counsels Organization and other groups
Are you ready for the challenge?
- J.D. with admission to practice law in the U.S.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a law firm and/or in-house corporate legal environment
- Interest in developing a deep understanding of business needs and objectives with a close partnership with business clients
- Strong communication skills with ability to convey advice clearly and synthesize complex issues
- Must work well in cross-functional team settings
- Admission to the New York Bar in good standing or eligibility to do so
- Strong experience with U.S. consumer financial regulatory matters including UDAAP and Regulations B, E, V and Z
- Experience with federal consumer financial regulatory examinations and investigations
- Experience with state consumer protection laws
- Experience working with large charge/credit card issuers
- Experience with statistics and/or modeling a plus
- Passion for working towards creative, solution-oriented outcomes that effectively address legal requirements
- Independent, capable of handling multiple assignments simultaneously
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
US-New York-New York
Apr 7, 2021, 12:29:28 PM – Apr 15, 2021, 3:59:00 AM
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.