Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As Director Operations, you’ll operationalize the strategic initiatives and programs of senior leadership in order to optimize the operations of the business areas. You’ll be responsible for defining goals with direct responsibility for coordinating the execution of initiatives, processes and training. You’ll also be responsible for planning, executing and deploying projects and/or programs. In this role, you will lead various initiatives by acting as liaison between subject matter professionals and functional specialists, such as people, deployment, finance, knowledge management, communications and markets.
In addition, you will partner with segment location leaders and functional infrastructure leaders. You’ll be viewed as a leader in Operations and collaborate with senior leadership teams, which may include becoming a sitting member of the Sub-Area Operating Committee.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop operational strategies. Define goals with direct responsibility for coordinating the execution of initiatives, processes and training.
- Provide operational support to meet leadership’s strategic goals of people, quality, growth, and market leadership.
- Develop short and long range plans to align operational goals to service line strategy; implement plans to meet these goals within established budgets and timelines.
- Direct events teams to develop and implement programs and activities that provide defined marketing and image-building value, and are aligned with the EY’s strategy. May have hands-on involvement with some strategic events and programs.
- Lead project/program measurements, including process analysis, reporting of results (including development of management reporting requirements), and make recommendations to drive operational improvements and lower costs.
- Partner with relevant leadership, and leverage those relationships to achieve business goals.
- Communicate issues and status reports to leadership and/or stakeholders; work to establish consensus and resolve these issues.
- Coordinate communication and pursuit strategy teams to develop appropriate messaging regarding pursuits.
- Possess strong understanding of the firm’s business, organizational structure and operations; leverage this knowledge to effectively identify opportunities that support the firm’s strategy and key initiatives.
- Manage complex to highly complex projects that require the ability to create and implement timelines related to project deliverables; assign tasks and follow up on their completion; manage sponsor/stakeholder expectations of deliverables.
- Apply process and technology enablement knowledge to complex issues.
- Create/present recommendations to leadership on solutions; influence final decisions.
- Manage a portfolio of work; delegate tasks.
- Integrate planning efforts across work groups to gain appropriate sponsorship; establish responsibilities and resources to support successful completion of initiatives.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to assert ideas and influence others to gain support and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Understand the role and operations of other major services that intersect and integrate with the service line.
- Self-starter who has the ability to think strategically and consider a broad range of factors when solving/prioritizing issues and making decisions.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to simultaneously coordinate multiple projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrate success in building/liaising internal and external relationships across levels and all functional support groups.
- Ability to demonstrate strong cultural awareness skills to facilitate working in teams and groups.
- Ability to utilize and leverage internal subject matter resources.
- Ability to work both independently and within teams; lead and motivate virtual, broad-based teams.
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in a highly matrixed organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- CPA and/or MBA highly desirable.