Monogram Foods seeking a motivated and proactive lawyer to serve as Corporate Counsel. Reporting to the Chief Legal Counsel, the lawyer in this role will serve as a generalist, acting as an integral member of the Monogram Foods legal team by advising senior leaders on all legal matters affecting the Company, including business transactions, litigation, IP, M&A, compliance, employment matters, real estate, managing the Companys contracting process, and supporting all business units in their day-to-day tasks.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Manage or assist with mergers and acquisitions
- Manage and assist with all aspects of the litigation process, including assessing risk, developing strategy, partnering with outside counsel, reviewing pleadings, discovery, etc.
- Manage or assist commercial sales, marketing activities, and intellectual property matters
- Manage or assist in managing the offense, defense and negotiation of a wide variety of commercial and employment related matters and disputes
- Provide day-to-day business, employment, regulatory, UCC, securities, and real estate advice to Company employees
- Provide clear legal advice and practical business-focused solutions enabling the business to achieve its objectives while preserving and protecting the Companys integrity and reputation
- All other functions a lawyer in a growing business may be called to do
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications
- J.D. degree from an accredited U.S. law school with a strong academic record
- 4-7 years of experience in a law firm or in-house role
- Admission to a U.S. bar (Tennessee preferred)
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work well independently and on a team
- Excellent judgment, particularly in determining the significance of legal matters in tandem with business objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, and the ability to interface effectively with personnel at all levels throughout the Company
- Ability to write in a universally-understandable and persuasive manner
- Ability to explain difficult legal concepts in plain terms
- Hold a genuine desire to add value through hard work
- Meld a long-term view of success while working with short-term urgency
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.