At Signal AI we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
Weve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the PR&Comms space, and are now joining the dots beyond.
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
We have completed our $25 million Series C funding round, bringing our total funding to date to $49.5 million. This latest funding round is led by Redline Capital with participation from existing investors including MMC Ventures, GMG Ventures and Hearst Ventures.
About the role – Who are you?
We are currently seeking a Legal Counsel (approximately 4-8 years PQE, as a guide only) to join our New York office. You will report to the General Counsel, working closely with both the General Counsel and VP of Finance based in London and be part of the Legal team consisting of one US and two UK based lawyers.
Signal has experienced significant growth in the last year and we are looking for someone who is excited about supporting the development of the legal department. A key focus for the role will be the commercial contract work generated by our sales team. Strong contract drafting, editing and negotiation skills are therefore a must. However, this is a varied role requiring someone that can turn their hand to the typical legal matters covered by in-house legal. This opportunity would suit a self-motivated person with strong commercial contracting experience, and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
While this is a US-based role, you will also have the opportunity to support the General Counsel matters arising in our other territories (UK and Hong Kong) as and when required.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious, motivated person who is looking to develop their career within a fun work environment. If you think youd be a good fit for our small but mighty team, we would love to hear from you.
Role responsibilities – What will you do?
- Draft and negotiate client agreements for the provision of our SaaS AI platform for information aggregation and analysis, in the US and other markets as relevant
- Draft and negotiate agreements with content providers for the licensing of proprietary content made accessible through our AI platform
- Draft and negotiate various types of supplier and service provider agreements
- Support the US business in the areas of Commercial, Employment and Property law (predominantly focused on commercial contracts)
- Support and advise the business on data protection laws and compliance and support the legal department with CCPA/GDPR related processes and policies
- Support the UK and Hong Kong offices, as required
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with most teams, in particular Sales, Customer Success, Content Licensing and Finance
- Be an excellent communicator who understands how to manage both client and team expectations
- Proactively identify relevant new areas of legislation and arising risk areas
- Provide expert and pragmatic advice and support on all legal issues across the business
- Be confident in working with a large degree of autonomy
- A US qualified lawyer with approximately 4-8 years PQE
- Experience working in private practice and ideally also in-house with a technology provider
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience working with SaaS agreements
- Experience in content licensing and/or in-depth understanding of copyright matters and other IP is a bonus
- Good, practical understanding of the GDPR and experience in negotiating data processing terms
- Experience in AI is a bonus
- Experience working as part of a fast-moving scale-up company is a bonus
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to – an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.