Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career — a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Assistant General Counsel provides a wide range of legal services and advice. This position has extensive knowledge in a specific area of expertise that may include Capital Markets, Commercial and Corporate Banking, Consumer Investment, Private Client, Litigation, and other highly specialized areas.
- Advises members within a specialized legal area or particular business activity and provides counsel in cases of litigation
- Protects the organization’s rights in contract negotiations, settlements, and litigation
- Ensures compliance of laws and regulations
- Advises management on recent changes in laws and regulations that affect the company
- May direct activities of one or more General Attorneys
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This position is incentive eligible.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence degree
- Eight (8) years of experience in specialized area
- Fiduciary trust law experience
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of corporate law and banking regulations
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Skilled to communicate effectively in person and by telephone
- Demonstrated skill to resolve complex legal issues
- Demonstrated skill to judge character
- Ability to distinguish relevant facts
- Ability to assimilate and analyze facts
- Ability to apply legal theories
- Strongly prefer significant prior experience supporting a large and highly complex financial institution in interactions with prudential and other federal or state regulators (e.g., Office of the Comptroller of the Currency/OCC, Federal Reserve Board/FRB, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau/CFPB, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation/FDIC, Securities and Exchange Commission/SEC, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority/FINRA, etc.) on regulatory matters, including regulatory exams, regulatory investigations or litigation, and managing internal projects to address regulatory matters
- Experience providing legal support to a financial institutions risk management professionals, including front-line risk and controls, compliance and internal audit, and experience interpreting and implementing enhanced prudential regulations and safety-and-soundness guidelines.
Regions Center – Birmingham
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.