This position is in the Senior Executive Service (SES), a small elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations.
Learn more about this agency
- Providing information processing, storage, transport, and display capabilities, information technology operation, and maintenance of the utility.
- Introducing innovative business practices in the delivery of information technology.
- Directing the performance of day-to-day technical support through use of analytical and business presentation techniques.
- Soliciting computer and network requirements from main stakeholders and customers DoD-wide; extensive outreach marketing communications with the private sector to satisfy the DoD needs and meet future goals and visions.
- With the Executive Deputy Director and Component Acquisition Executive, Risk Management Executive/Approving Authority, and Director, Center for Operations, provide a single marketing voice to the customer for DISA Enterprise Services mission.
- Developing proposals and support agreements for delivery of DISA products and services.
- Managing and directing programs approved for development by DISA. Programs include migration of legacy systems to standard systems, standard business practices, and definition of operational acquisition requirements.
- Providing policy guidance for investment in information technology to the other DISA Field Commands
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- This is a drug testing position.
- Financial Disclosure Form OGE 278 is required.
To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show in your resume that you possess the five Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs), Technical Qualifications and other qualifications, if applicable, listed below.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
Applicants must submit written statements (narrative format ) describing accomplishments that would satisfy the ECQs. You must address each ECQ separately. You are required to respond to all ECQs. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as 'ineligible.' Additional information on the ECQs is available at www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp. Each accomplishment should be clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of programs managed, and results of your actions. Please limit your written statements to 1 1/2 pages per ECQ.
ECQ 1 – LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 – LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 – RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 – BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 – BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Failure to meet any one of the technical qualifications requirements automatically disqualifies an applicant.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately. Please limit your written statements to one page per technical qualification.
1. In-depth knowledge of, and demonstrated expertise in, planning and managing investment strategies for the development of information technology, infrastructure development, and telecommunications technology in a large (multi-billion), diverse, multi-disciplined organization.
2. Demonstrated skill in planning and managing the relationships among cost, budget, and resources in a large, complex information technology environment.
3. Documented program management skills and a demonstrated ability to integrate and coordinate the chartering and management of programs that implement information technology systems.
There is no substitution of education for experience for this position.
Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, and growth & learning. To find out more, visit our benefits information page: http: www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.html .
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Current and Former Career SES members, and graduates of SES CDP programs with OPM Certified ECQ's need to only address the technical qualifications (and need not respond to the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)). Graduates of an approved SES Candidate Development Program must include a copy of their OPM certification of eligibility.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- The incumbent must be eligible to obtain and maintain, at minimum, a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- The position is a Drug Testing Designated Position.
- The incumbent is required to comply with the provision of the Ethics in Government Act, Public Law 95-521, as amended, which requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE 278, upon assuming the position, annually, and upon termination of employment.
- All newly appointed career SES leaders must sign the Reassignment Rights Obligations Agreement as a condition of appointment into the SES.
- Occasional Travel Required.
- Permanent Change of Station Costs (PCS) may be paid. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here .
- Relocation allowances will be considered.
- You may serve up to a two-year probationary period unless you previously completed the probationary period in the SES.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience and education. Your application will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel, and highly qualified candidates may undergo an interview and a reference check. The Executive Resources Board (ERB) will review results and make recommendations on final selections to the appointing authority. Unless you have already been certified by a Qualifications Review Board (QRB) in the past, your ECQs must be certified by a QRB before appointment can occur.
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Special-Sensitive (SS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
1. ECQ Narratives – Written statements (no more than 1½ – pages per ECQ) addressing the Executive Core Qualifications, the Technical Qualification(s) (no more than 1 page per TQ), and other qualifications, as applicable.
2. Résumé – You must submit a resume or any other written format you choose to describe your qualifications. Applicants typically provide the following information:
Vacancy ID# 11062175
Full name, mailing and email addresses, day and evening telephone numbers.
Educational information, including the name, city and state of colleges or universities you attended, as well as the type of degree received. Report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education ( http: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html ).
Information about your paid and non-paid work experiences related to this position including: job title, duties and accomplishments, employer's name and address, duration of employment, and salary.
You may also include information about honors, awards, and special accomplishments.
3. Graduates of an approved SES Candidate Development Program must include a copy of their OPM certification of eligibility.
4. SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, if currently serving under an SES appointment, this includes current agency employees.
Applicants who fail to submit all information and documents (i.e. a resume, ECQs, technical qualifications, and other qualifications, as applicable) WILL NOT receive consideration for the position.
DO NOT SUBMIT ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Extraneous materials such as award certificates will not be considered.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed are received, legible, and accurate.
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by the closing date of the announcement at 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Time Zone04/18/2021, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.