Wag! is looking for a collaborative, energetic attorney to join its growing legal team with experience advising corporations in all legal matters, including capital markets, commercial contracts, equity financings, M&A, strategic alliances, partnerships, technology transactions, privacy/data security, IP, corporate governance, and marketing. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will work closely with our legal team to counsel business partners across the company, advising on legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to our core business. You will help us to build scalable policies and processes to support a fast-growing gig-economy business. You will coordinate and collaborate with internal stakeholder organizations as well as interface with senior management and legal departments of our partners and prospects with the goal of reducing process friction, improving transaction flow, and driving better customer experience. You will operate as a part of a best-in-class legal team to provide practical and productive legal advice to our business partners and executives and have fun while doing it. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for dogs and those who love them, technology, superlative legal skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic corporate environment.
What Youll Do;
- Manage the day-to-day commercial matters of the legal department
- Negotiate, draft, review, and manage all varieties of legal agreements, including contractor agreements, consulting agreements, marketing and partnership agreements, and other complex commercial agreements
- Manage the legal effort on special transactions including financings, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Advise on agreements, partnerships, capital markets, technology transactions, privacy and data security, corporate governance, marketing and any other legal matters that arise
- Stay on top of current and pending legislation to ensure that Wag! stays in compliance across the board; develop internal policies to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations
- Identify, propose, and implement solutions to address issues; take prudent risks within the context of our overall business
- Work without supervision, independently initiate new legal projects, and identify ways to improve our processes and operations
- Take a client-centric approach to handling complex legal issues, while demonstrating grace and a positive attitude under all circumstances
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and contribute to a team culture focused on fun
- Exercise good judgment in all matters and operate with the highest ethical standards
- At least 6+ years of relevant legal experience
- Juris Doctorate from a leading law school and bar admission in good standing
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Significant experience in corporate governance, equity financings, capital markets, and strategic transactions, including M&A
- Experience with gig-economy matters, employment law, intellectual property, licensing, privacy and/or data security a plus
- Exceptional judgment and creativity, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice appropriately weighing legal and business objectives
- Entrepreneurial mindset; flexible, self-starting and hard-working
- Deal-focused with a sense of urgency to get things done
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Effective at managing project expectations, reporting to upper level management and managing escalations of legal and business issues
- Superior written and oral communication skills
At Wag! we’re crazy about pets and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 50 states and more than 4,600 cities nationwide. In 2020, we officially expanded our services to cats. The pet caregivers are vetted and pass a robust screening process and our services are bonded and insured. We know your pets are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give the walkers and sitters providing services on the Wag! platform.
In light of COVID-19, this role is temporarily remote but will be based out of our California offices permanently sometime in 2021 when we head back into the office.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.