We are committed to:
- Teamwork: Partnering at all levels and across organizational boundaries for mission accomplishment.
- Integrity: Adherence to the highest legal and ethical principles in our responsibilities.
- Excellence: Unrivaled defense intelligence expertise.
- Service: Putting the welfare of the Nation and commitment to our mission before oneself.
Learn more about this agency
DIA employs a variety of professionals who serve throughout the workforce to ensure successful operations. To view this position's duties, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the "Advanced Search" link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the "Job Opening ID" field.
Conditions of Employment
- – U.S. Citizenship – Drug Test – Security Investigation
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to complex questions in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
2. Plans, organizes, prioritizes, and schedules own work activities to complete assignments in timely and effective manner.
3. Identifies ways to convey information to multiple sources in a clear, straightforward manner.
4. Is flexible and responds in a timely fashion to changing requirements, priorities, and short deadlines.
5. Perseveres on projects despite changing objectives, deliverables, and deadlines.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Expertise in federal government legal practice, to include Human Resources, Ethics, Litigation, Intelligence Oversight, Intelligence Law, Open Source Intelligence, Ethics, Acquisition, Analysis and Operational Law.
2. Have a Paralegal Certificate or Paralegal Studies Associate Degree from accredited University/College or American Bar Association or Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies or relevant field.
DIA positions are Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) positions in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. All applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application. Applicants must meet the agency's conditions of employment, to include, but not limited to, satisfactory completion of an initial special background investigation and periodic reinvestigation, completion of any required medical examination and physical requirements, completion of any required personal interviews, favorable completion of any required initial or aperiodic polygraph examinations, completion of any required drug test, satisfactory completion of a two-year Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System trial period, and completion of a civilian mobility agreement. All employees are required to sign an agreement not to disclose, in any fashion, classified information to unauthorized persons. All civilian employees are required to participate in the DoD Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer of Pay (DD/EFT) Program. DIA employees and applicants for employment are protected by federal laws, from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Veterans who are preference-eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions are encouraged to apply.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the "Advanced Search" link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the "Job Opening ID" field.
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
Please see instructions within the on-line application for this vacancy announcement on the DIA web-site, www.dia.mil.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.