With over 40,000 employees across 200 locations delivering $2billion in revenue per year, Levy is responsible for millions of memorable guest experiences across some of the most iconic locations in the country.
The Corporate Counsel is responsible for negotiating and drafting a broad range of complex commercial contracts and management agreements, with oversight from the General Counsel, overseeing and managing contracting for Levys outside vendors, and overseeing and managing Levys intellectual property and liquor license compliance. The Corporate Counsel will have a direct reporting relationship to the General Counsel.
- Directly negotiating, drafting, and advising on commercial contracts and management agreements on Levys behalf, with oversight from General Counsel.
- Partnering with New Business team in responding to RFPs.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable liquor laws, including overseeing liquor license program for the Company.
- Drafting and advising on all types of contracts, including but not limited to contracts related to intellectual property, nondisclosure agreements, and other commercial issues.
- Drafting and advising on various service-related contracts, including but not limited to contracts with all outside vendors, including temporary service agencies, non-for profit organizations, subcontractors, and licensees, as well as other commercial contracting issues.
- Ensuring compliance with Levy policies, including overseeing contracting compliance for Levys outside vendors.
- Identifying and assessing legal risks and opportunities within areas of responsibility and educating clients and business partners accordingly.
- Overseeing compliance with subpoenas and information requests.
- Independently handling legal matters or projects.
- Recognizing when the advice of more senior counsel or outside counsel is appropriate.
- Advocating companys interests in assigned matters.
- Serving as an indispensable partner to location management.
- Ensuring adherence to time-sensitive deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned
Focusing on Clients & Consumers
- Take a proactive approach to customer and stakeholder relationships; maintains regular contact with key business partners
- Understand what is important to customers and stakeholders
- Work with others to ensure that client and consumer expectations are understood and exceeded
- Be a trusted partner and advisor in Legal, contract and new business matters
Developing Winning Teams
- Provide timely and constructive feedback, coaching and training to help people from a legal perspective
- Lead communication with the team to build engagement (e.g. team briefings)
- Support the wider Legal team
Building Strong Relationships
- Invest time understanding what is important to individuals or groups (e.g. clients, consumers, colleagues, suppliers)
- Build rapport and use questioning and active listening skills to develop understanding of issues
- Use influencing skills and well thought out arguments to develop consensus
- Adapt own interpersonal style to meet the needs of different individuals
- Contribute ideas and opinions in a confident, straight forward way
- Demonstrate courage and confidence to tackle difficult issues
Seeing the Bigger Picture
- Have a broad understanding of the strategy for the Company
- Show passion and curiosity to understand changes or trends in the Company
- Understand the broad impact of strategies on day to day working
- Help others to understand how they contribute to the achievement of strategy
- Align ways of working to support the delivery of strategy
Innovating & Improving
- Encourage feedback and suggestions for improvement
- Constructively challenge existing ways of working; aim to make things simpler and better
- Help others to learn from mistakes
- Understand basic financial information
- Use established formats or tools to interpret detailed business information for own area of responsibility
- Make balanced business decisions within guidance and precedent
- Spot opportunities to improve efficiency and value for money in own area of responsibility
- 3+ years of legal experience at law firm or in-house position
- A strong background in commercial contracts
Skills & Qualifications
- J.D. from an accredited law school, including active bar membership
- Demonstrated superior collaboration and relationship building skills
- Outstanding critical reasoning and analytical skills, punctuated with common sense
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.