The International Public Policy Director, reporting to the Vice President of Federal Affairs and Public Policy, will be a key contributor to the Public Policy and Government Affairs team. In this newly created role, the candidate will create the enterprises first international public policy development function across key international markets. Limited advocacy to members of Congress, Executive Branch, and non-US governing authorities and other external constituencies that promote culturally appropriate private sector contributions to improving health care access, sense of security, global regulatory frameworks.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of experience, including service in a legislative and/or regulatory capacity, in a key committee of jurisdiction, U.S. federal agency or other international regulatory body. Knowledge of the insurance industry, tax or another highly regulated industry will be key. He/she will have demonstrated ability to operate at a highly strategic level in creating plans and strategies and as a collaborator who contributes to the success of others.
- Successfully build or leverage relationships domestically with key trades, foreign officials and other stakeholder groups that will both promote Cigna’s international expertise in the United States and reinforce in-country presence.
- Develop strong partnerships with in-country business and public affairs staff in 4-5 countries to analyze, define and communicate critical government trends, domestic and international.
- Identify, prioritize and manage issues. Develop and coordinate cross-border public affairs strategies that support key objectives.
- For the U.S., identify proposed legislation and regulations and industry issues in order to provide a consistent and favorable business environment
- Serve as a strong partner with our Federal Affairs teams and global business partners.
- Identify resources to support key international markets
- 4 year college degree; JD or Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in legislative analysis, lobbying, and/or regulatory interaction.
- 50% international travel.
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of public policy strategy particularly in the international arena.
- Strong ability to analyze, understand and translate complex international regulatory and policy issues.
- Acts with urgency and tenacity in all tasks with the utmost regard for cultural differences, integrity, ethics and responsiveness.
- Proven, effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of Cigna management, field associates, retained counsel, legislators, regulators, staff of trade associations both in the US and abroad.
- Executive presence and proven ability to instill confidence and earn credibility with internal clients as an advisor as well as a deliverer.
- Strong team player with the ability to both collaborate and work independently, as required.
- Keen judgment and ability to manage competing priorities
- Creativity, flexibility and demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Strong client-service orientation; a bias for action and strong sense of urgency.
- Experience working in health or another highly regulated industry; a deep appreciation for the impact of policy outcomes on business results.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and leverage outside counsel and external resources
- *We are looking for someone in the DC area. They will be required to go into the office when needed.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, youll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich peoples lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourselfcigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourselfcigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.