The Senior Corporate Counsel Litigation role will be a member of the Litigation practice group within the Delta Air Lines Law Department. The Law Department provides centralized legal services and support for Delta Air Lines and its affiliates and subsidiaries worldwide. This role will have responsibility along with other members of the Litigation practice group for supporting the Law Department and managing outside counsel in the successful resolution of pre-litigation and litigation disputes related to the companys business activities. The role will be responsible for handling a wide range of civil litigation matters (excluding employment litigation), including general and commercial disputes, class actions, multi-district litigation, complex commercial disputes, and other complex litigation matters in which the Company becomes involved. Functions of the role will include interfacing with internal colleagues at all levels of the company to manage and achieve successful resolution of legal issues with respect to the companys business activities, including activities involving vendors, customers and regulatory bodies. In addition, the role will be responsible for coordinating discovery responses, identifying and preparing appropriate corporate witnesses, effectuating strategy, managing outside counsel expenses and coordinating litigation strategy without outside counsel and other Law Department colleagues In addition, the role will provide direction and oversight to paralegals to support litigation-related work. This position is based in Atlanta and will report to Vice President Chief Litigation & Employment Counsel.
- Provide day-to-day advice and guidance to Delta personnel, officers and employees, regarding the successful resolution of legal issues related to the companys business activities, including those involving vendors, customers and regulatory bodies.
- Strategic leadership and management of outside counsel engaged to defend Delta in pre-litigation and litigation matters, including private disputes with business partners and customers, as well as government investigations and civil enforcement actions.
- Strategic leadership and management of outside counsel engaged by Delta to handle class action, commercial litigation, and other complex litigation matters in which the Company is involved.
- Partner with Delta Risk Management to oversee any insured litigation that may affect Deltas brand, commercial relationships, or standing with regulatory agencies.
- Work with law enforcement in investigations, criminal prosecutions, or civil cases filed in matters in which third party misconduct has caused Delta to suffer harm or damages.
- Coordinate discovery responses, identify and prepare appropriate corporate witnesses, and collaborate with other Law Department colleagues on strategies that support Deltas business activities and corporate values.
- Monitor litigation case law for precedents pertaining to aviation law and new regulatory proposed rulemakings that may affect Deltas operations and business relationships.
- Provide proactive, practical business-oriented advice to ensure that Deltas commercial and operational teams can achieve their goals to the maximum extent possible within the boundaries of the law.
- Ensure legal solutions are consistent with Deltas culture and Rules of the Road.
- Provide direction and oversight to paralegals to support litigation- related work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Juris Doctorate with excellent academic credentials
- Licensed to practice law in the U.S. with State Bar admission in at least one jurisdiction
- 8 to 12 years of work experience, including government prosecution, law firm or equivalent in-house experience, with a focus on general and consumer litigation, including class action and complex commercial litigation matters. International experience is a plus but not required.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to formulate and deliver sound, clear, practical legal advice in a business setting
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong and proactive working relationships with internal business partners at all levels of the company
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work quickly and competently to prioritize, manage, and multi-task in a fast paced and constantly-changing working environment
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-reliant, confident and detail-oriented
- Demonstrate core values of integrity, respect, perseverance and inclusion
- Domestic and limited international travel occasionally required
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.