Ramp is building the modern financial stack that enables companies to accelerate growth without compromising on their finances. Were on a mission to uncover and eliminate waste before it undermines our customers goals. We make financial rigor easy by enabling real-time visibility and understanding of every dollar spent.
Ramp was founded by the same team who built, scaled, and sold Paribus to Capital One, enabling automated savings on online purchases and putting over $100 million back in consumers pockets every year. We are backed by Founders Fund, Coatue, and Box Group, as well as over 50 founders of leading companies.
We are looking for an experienced attorney to join our team. You will embed deeply in the business and work closely with partners in Business Development, Sales, and Product to provide thorough legal and strategic guidance. You have well-developed skills negotiating commercial agreements, understanding and interpreting regulations, and understanding technology choices and privacy implications.
What Youll Do
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of inbound and outbound agreements including services agreements, marketing and referral partnerships agreements, infrastructure and vendor agreements, and bank partner and financial infrastructure agreements.
- Develop policies for the companys approach to risk in negotiating its customer-facing and vendor agreements. Develop and improve major agreements including our Master Services Agreement.
- Advise internal stakeholders on privacy and regulatory implications of product development and marketing strategies.
- Create content and train internal teams on legal topics including negotiation, intellectual property, privacy, and financial regulation.
- Select and manage outside counsel.
What You Need
- J.D. with strong academic background and highest level of integrity.
- Membership in at least one state bar and ability to register as NY in-house counsel (NY Bar preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience, with minimum 2 years negotiating commercial transactions or serving as product and regulatory counsel at a technology company.
- Proven ability to understand complex business and regulatory issues and translate them into actionable guidance.
- Track record as a strong partner for business and product leaders, with great communication, organization and time management skills.
- Strong familiarity with financial services, privacy, and intellectual property law.
- Desire to act as a legal generalist as new areas of legal need arise within the company.
- Experience building legal processes to manage heavy contract workflows using legal technology and systems thinking.
- Experience in the FinTech or financial services sector preferred.
- Experience working at a top law firm or judicial clerkship preferred.
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.