The successful candidate will provide legal services and advice to our dynamic specialty organization. This role will lead legal support for the Companys contracting and negotiations with pharmaceutical manufacturers for specialty pharmacy, specialty distribution and specialty group purchasing, providing direct support for a robust contract queue and leading a team of attorneys. This role will include strategic enterprise projects and significant engagement with business colleagues throughout the organization. The qualified candidate must possess an ability to develop a detailed understanding of complex business operations and interdependencies in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead a team of attorneys ensuring high-quality legal support for internal clients.
- Analyze and support complex transactions relating to pharmaceutical manufacturer arrangements, wholesaler relationships and group purchasing organizations.
- Provide day to day legal counseling on strategic, operational and transactional matters relating to specialty businesses.
- Work cross-functionally in analyzing complex transactions and identifying legal issues impacting the specialty organization.
- Train internal business and legal colleagues as needed.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Knowledge of health care fraud and abuse laws and contract negotiation experience with a track record of moving deals forward are mandatory.
- The qualified candidate will have a minimum of ten years of legal experience, with at least six years of healthcare regulatory or transactional experience with a reputable law firm or in-house legal department in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Previous Management skills
- A minimum of ten years of experience, with at least six years of health care transactional or regulatory experience; experience with pharmaceutical manufacturers or health care providers a plus.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to influence others, lead a team and build strong professional relationships.
- Strong, sound, independent decision-making ability leads by example.
- Adept at reassessing priorities to ensure that internal and external expectations are fulfilled.
- Understands the importance of supporting business leaders to enable sustainable growth.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, youll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich peoples lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourselfcigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourselfcigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.