The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is defined as local commuting area. (Fort Lee/Prince George County, VA and surrounding communities within 150 miles of the installation).
(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)This position is located at Outdoor Recreation.
This position is located at DFMWR, Outdoor Recreation.
Learn more about this agency
- Instruct groups and individuals in a variety of outdoor recreation programs, such as but not limited to rafting, rock climbing, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, challenge course.
- Use a variety of teaching methods to effectively communicate to participants who have a wide range of abilities and backgrounds.
- Incumbent is responsible for group management.
- Must be familiar with all programs offered by Outdoor Recreation, as well as be familiar with local area as the position requires providing information to customers.
- Reports any problems to the Outdoor Recreation Manager or Recreation Specialist as soon as possible in order to maintain a high quality service to guests.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation.
- Must have or be able to obtain a current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED training certification.
- If water rafting is part of the duties, satisfactory completion of required Raft Guide Training must be completed within three weeks of appointment.
- Failure to successfully completed required training may result in separation.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in a wide variety of Outdoor Recreation pursuits
Highly Preferred: Candidates that possess highly preferred criteria and meet the minimum qualifications above will be referred to the hiring manager first. Criteria is verified within the application package.
Applicants pursuing a degree in Recreation Management, Outdoor Recreation, or a related field, and in the process of completing an internship or fieldwork program will be considered highly qualified.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM EST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https: publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference – Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference – Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference – Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- DA 3434 or equivalent if claiming Current/Former NAF priority consideration
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference submit copies of sponsors orders and marriage certificate. Copies must be uploaded at time of application to receive Spousal Preferences.
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.