Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumers favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service thats better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, youll make a difference in one of lifes most important eventsbuying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, but our culture is humble.
At Redfin, youll join a growing legal team and be the second attorney dedicated to corporate law (securities, M&A, and credit finance). Youll support the General Counsel, an Associate General Counsel, and internal clients in Finance, Accounting, Investor Relations, Corporate Development, Human Resources, and Communications.
- Provide legal support for the quarterly earnings process, including drafting parts of the 10-K or 10-Q, reviewing the earnings release, and gathering backup for statements in the CEO/CFO script and 10-K/Q.
- Help manage the annual shareholder meeting process, including drafting parts of the proxy statement and liaising with our proxy services firm.
- As part of a team, execute capital raising, credit financing, and M&A transactions. Your role will vary across these transactions, but we promise that youll contribute to every aspect of Redfins business, learn a lot, and wont be bored!
- Develop and update corporate governance policies to ensure we’re not only meeting our legal obligations but looking out for shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Support Redfins executives in their trading of Redfin stock, including reviewing 10b5-1 plans and preparing Section 16 reports.
- Assist with answering employees questions about Redfins Insider Trading Policy, equity compensation program, and employee stock purchase plan.
Skills & Experience
- Lawyer with three to five years of legal experience, ideally gained within a law firms corporate group with a diverse practice including capital markets, M&A, credit finance, SEC reporting, and corporate governance.
- The ability to write clearly for a non-legal audience by avoiding legalese and articulating the business impact of legal decisions.
- Having a mindset of independent thinking and not blindly relying on precedent.
- A focus on solving problems and achieving results, and not simply raising issues and identifying roadblocks
- Willingness and ability to simultaneously complete many tasks no matter how big or small.
- A sense of humor, humility, and belief that youll love this job but it wont define who you are as a person.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, weve designed a multi-step selection process that may include interviews and a reference check. Were excited to get to know you and hope youre ready to give this opportunity everything youve got!
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.